would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

new router available ?

ANSWERED
16 REPLIES 16
skygrowler
Insightful One

i have read that there is a "new improved" router available to "new" customers will this be available for "old" customers or can we buy it ?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/05/new-and-faster-wifi-router-spotted-at-broadband-isp-ta...

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @skygrowler

TalkTalk Sales page has information. Wi-Fi Hub

Scroll down the page and there's a section bottom right for Existing Customers.

Wi-Fi Hub Front highlight trans.png

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

One of my neighbours, an 'old' TalkTalk customer, is apparently due to receive one of those new-fangled routers, imminently. I'll get back to you skygrowler!

skygrowler
Insightful One

thanks but £120 ! good old TT looking after it's existing customers as usual :quiet:

skygrowler
Insightful One

@TheHornedOne wrote:

One of my neighbours, an 'old' TalkTalk customer, is apparently due to receive one of those new-fangled routers, imminently. I'll get back to you skygrowler!

thanks , i will look forward to an "unbiased" opinion :winkingface:

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @skygrowler

Is a fibre to the cabinet service available to your home?

I ask because existing customers upgrading to fibre who do not have a fibre-compatible super router can get the new Wi-Fi Hub with the fibre upgrade. If those customers already have a compatible router then as an upgrade option they can purchase the Wi-Fi Hub for £30.

So, it might be an incentive to upgrade to fibre if you wish to and be one of the first with the Wi-Fi Hub.

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@Gondola wrote:

So, it might be an incentive to upgrade to fibre if you wish to and be one of the first with the Wi-Fi Hub.

Personally, I was much more interested in this little ol' flyer popping up, again, and on a reduced contract as well .........

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband/mk?portalid=aff-longtail&utm_campaign=newacq_broadband&utm...

skygrowler
Insightful One

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @skygrowler

Is a fibre to the cabinet service available to your home?

I ask because existing customers upgrading to fibre who do not have a fibre-compatible super router can get the new Wi-Fi Hub with the fibre upgrade. If those customers already have a compatible router then as an upgrade option they can purchase the Wi-Fi Hub for £30.

no fibre here and i don't want it anyway but i don't see why existing customers can't get it at a reduced rate ?

after all i recently renewed my contract and buying this for £120 means my contract costs about £10 a month more , a bit unfair when new customers get it as part of the deal .

Gondola
Community Star

...I see fibre customers lining up to pay the Wi-Fi Hub upgrade fee. 

As a customer that cannot get a TalkTalk fibre upgrade because Openreach have installed Fibre to the Premises here, I truly sympathise.  I'm stuck on ADSL with no faster TalkTalk option at present.

Maybe when the rush of Wi-Fi Hub routers leaving the warehouse is over we'll get a Black Friday upgrade deal to include a Wi-Fi Hub upgrade? 

skygrowler
Insightful One

@Gondola wrote:

...I see fibre customers lining up to pay the Wi-Fi Hub upgrade fee. 

As a customer that cannot get a TalkTalk fibre upgrade because Openreach have installed Fibre to the Premises here, I truly sympathise.  I'm stuck on ADSL with no faster TalkTalk option at present.

Maybe when the rush of Wi-Fi Hub routers leaving the warehouse is over we'll get a Black Friday upgrade deal to include a Wi-Fi Hub upgrade? 

i wonder where the reviewer got the idea they were £30 ( although he did say "from £30" ) maybe he meant on Ebay when they turn out to be as bad as the 633 :joytears:

Gondola
Community Star

Moved this to the Lounge so you and RS aka HO can continue your chat that doesn't require any service support.

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@skygrowler wrote:

@TheHornedOne wrote:

thanks , i will look forward to an "unbiased" opinion :winkingface:

Still waiting for it  - something / anything - to arrive!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think its time I got back into a new contract with Talk Talk just so I can get that 😛

Some of you predicted that I would come back into contract given the chance of anything that has lights.

Have used at home asa with firepower costing a fortune and a few enterprise cisco routers and can tell you guys now they have so many exploits and constant patching and yes while you can do allsorts of cool things with them its pointless unless your running a network or a few servers. Suure you can put wireshark kali nethunter and just about anytyhing on some of them but at same time you would get on much better with a home router.

More things cause more problems and can be messed with more and I learned that I dont got time to. Very interesting subject but its not really if went threw teh process of bricking your router and unbrick it to do it all again, just for some output that you can tell people about 😛 

I only need 3 more routers to finish the wall im building so 🙂

Armymedic2017
First Timer

I upgraded to faster fibre, but still have the old router.  Should l not have recieved one of these routers as part of the upgrade?  They were kind enough to place me back into a 2 year contract!!!

I think £120 is a bit steep, i would have thought for loyal customers there would be a discount.  I did raise a complaint with Customer services, but they failed to respond.  Would welcome any input from a TT staff member 

Siluri1960
First Timer

I've got the old superrouter will the new one fix pixelation I have had on Sky Boosts for years as I've done everything under the sun from a change of routers to powerline adapters and I thought moving home will sort it out but no and I've seen this same problem has been going on for YEARS and yet I can still recieve BBC iPlayer,Netflix and Amazon all in 4k exept iplayer and all I want is in SD not even HD I even threatened to swap over to NOW and not pay for the Sky Boosts but NOW only come with selected channels.

Why haven't they sorted the problem out yet as is plain the old super router don't work will the NEW SUPER ROUTER work ???

ferguson
Community Star

@Siluri1960 I suggest you start your own topic in the TalkTalk TV part of the help section, it is always worth testing with a direct ethernet connection between the box and router to identify any possible issues with the powerline adapters.

fivepeakspete1
First Timer

I received the new router yesterday, it was free for agreeing to a new 2 year contract.

Its about 3mb faster on both wi fi and ethernet  at 29mb BUT in the back of the house where I struggled to get 5mb its now around 25mb so happy with the improvement.