NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Tiscali members forum

fade2gray
Whizz Kid
Message 21 of 21

Is it possible that the old forum posts may have been archived?

I once penned I poem that I can't exactly recall the words to - memory blah-de-blah🙄

20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

@I8this

I see where you are coming from now, but in post 15 you never made any reference to whom you were actually quoting.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

@fade2gray 

See post 10, Gondolas reply was addressed to both of us and I questioned TalkTalk,s inability to reply to him in my reply to him.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

@I8this wrote:

@fade2gray  Forgot to insert @Gondola 

Hang on, I come here asking an innocent question and you piggy-back off it.

Am I being dragged into some kind of flame-war here?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

@fade2gray  Forgot to insert @Gondola 

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

@I8this wrote:

Quote:-

My request for assistance from the top has been ignored.

No communication then!

I thought this was the answer to your/our request?

@Gondola wrote:

Hi @I8this 

I do have a link and the Archive that was previously searchable is currently not available. 

As there's two of you asking about the archived content I have raised this as a question to the Community Manager.  I'm sure one of us will let you know the policy on this.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi @fade2gray 

The Ideas hub is the best place to flag up ideas for improvements to Community. An idea then has the ability to gather support from other members so that Stephen has a good handle on how popular an idea is.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 21

Quote:-

My request for assistance from the top has been ignored.

No communication then!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

@Gondola 

Would stephenf be the person to contact for suggestions of improvements to forum functionality?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

@I8this wrote: ...TalkTalk, a communications company that cannot communicate

TalkTalk, a telecommunications company that offers the means of communication, such as right here, right now. Seems to be working pretty well.  And although I can do my best to get the answer you're looking for, sometimes the best answer is elusive.

In the event you're unhappy with the action taken or wish to escalate any matter further you can do so by sending the Community Manager stephenf a private message. TalkTalk aim to reply to your messages within 48hours  however from time to time it may take a little longer to respond.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Sounds right for TalkTalk, a communications company that cannot communicate

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

@Gondola 

Never mind 'G', you almost hit the spot. 😉

Thanks for trying.

Message 12 of 21

Hi @fade2gray and @I8this 

Apologies from me. My request for assistance from the top has been ignored .Just FYI.

Message 13 of 21

Woof woof, I'm barking - up the wrong tree that is. 🐶

I found an old bookmark in my browser - http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/ - which now redirects to https://community.talktalk.co.uk/  - but it used to have a separate login.

I've even got old email notifications going back as far as 2010.

Here's one from 2013

Dear Spartan,

Geordie has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Your most haunting song/music tracks - in the Trivia and fun forum of Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=192594&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Thanks, Spartan.  I just lurve the Pretenders. 🙂

Happy Days 😎

Can't find any reference to poems though 😕

0 Likes

SimonT
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 21

Only problem I can see about the Tiscali archive, is how far back will you be able to go?

As I recall, posts only went back a couple of months on the old forum, then dropped off the end of the page.

Any archive may only show the posts from the last 2-3 months before TalkTalk closed it, the last month of which it was sparsely used.

There was a hidden/secret group on FB which a group of them set up for some of the more prolific members to carry on chatting. Not sure if its still going though, I decided to leave following a disagreement with a rather abrasive person in there, so less said about that the better I feel.

As an aside, I seem to recall a former tiscali mod went and set up his own forums, which are still going strong it seems.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

@Gondolalooking forward to a positive reply from StephenF

@fade2graytypo should be "threads" lol

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

@Gondola

I went by the handles Sparky and Spartan back then and the poem went along the lines of ...

Through leaf and branch
Shafts of gold
Spear gloom and shadows
That silken hold
My self in comfort
Does warmth enfold
Whilst gliding 'tween
Trunk and old
Boughs fallen long
Their age untold
On friends of nature
My dreams unfold

It was about a childhood dream, only it was shorter and more poignant.

@SimonT
Yes, I also started with LineOne, soon to be absorbed by Peskyali, but things have greatly improved since TalkTalk 😉

@I8this
"threats" ??? 😦

Message 17 of 21

Hi @I8this 

I do have a link and the Archive that was previously searchable is currently not available. 

As there's two of you asking about the archived content I have raised this as a question to the Community Manager.  I'm sure one of us will let you know the policy on this.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

@Gondola 

Have you got a link to that archived section, there is some threats/posts from a former member that I would like to look at.

Cheers

0 Likes

SimonT
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 21

Glad to see someone remembers that old Tiscali forums.

I was a member from before then, back in the old Lineone days. Blimey half the stuff we talked/argued about back then would see you banned from social media these days.

I just poked my head back in the door as I was having some email problems with my old account and knew there was still a help forum here.

Must say, much preffered the layout of those old forums to how these are set out. Some of them aren't exactly easy to navigate.

Aaaah well.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi @fade2gray 

I see your new posts as soon as they arrive
but your older posts are locked in the archive.
Sorry I cannot find a way to revive
your poem to restore and keep it alive.

0 Likes