Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

0800 9555511

18 REPLIES 18
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Is this a genuine TalkTalk number ? Received a call just now but when I answered all I got was music playing. Used your Check & Report service and it said number belonged to TT but if so why just play me music ? Otherwise is it a scammer spoofing a TT number ?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @stevesurrey 

It's the number that gets displayed when you're called by TalkTalk Customer Service and that gets through automatically if you have CallSafe.  When it's recognised by CallSafe as a real TalkTalk call it's automatically pre-approved.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Thanks @Gondola. I am mystified why they just played music to me, unless thats some sneaky way of satisfying their customer callback quotas without actually speaking to customers !

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Steve

We've seen plenty of reports before of this situation happening and as it's happened to me I would say that your assessment is probably true.

The call is probably to satisfy the internal complaints policy of contacting the customer.  But as the complaint handler cannot possibly satisfy your complaint (i.e. pipex complaints aren't covered by their training) the caller ducks out rather than having a fruitless confrontation (a sensible move on their part and less stress for you) and at that stage your complaint gets automatically escalated to the next level so that it ends up being allocated to a CEO Case Manager.

If the call does come through from the CEO Case Manager (could be a week or so down the line - see what I did there!) it may well be from a number that's not immediately recognisable as a TalkTalk number and may not be pre-approved for CallSafe. Just a heads-up on that.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Thanks again @Gondola. My complaint was escalated to CEO Office on Tuesday so don't understand the purpose of this phantom call. Will await contact from CEO Office. 

Gondola
Community Star

...Ah, the mysteries of "TalkTalk complaints management".

I got called today by a CEO office Case Manager quite unexpectedly. I hadn't made a formal complaint.

I had raised a billing issue with the offshore team. Wasn't able to be dealt with by the front-line team that escalated to a complaints manager that couldn't see the issue on their systems so I got called by the offshore complaints resolution trying to find a way to close down the case without actually fixing the issue.  So the issue is automatically passed up the chain to the CEO Case Manager. No fix yet as he's "investigating".

The offshore team may tell you that it's been escalated to the CEO office when they know that's the likely outcome but they still haven't gone through their attempts to close down the case. I expect that's what's happened but yes the next step is to receive a call from a Case Manager. 

A tip: They'll ask you what your expectations are because that's what they're trained to do as negotiators. Keep it simple. Aim high. Negotiation favours the bold. 

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @stevesurrey

Did you get a call on your mobile also?   The complaint notes state a call was attempted to your mobile.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Arne nope, no call to my mobile (just checked my phones logs to verify that). Doesn't surprise me though as I have experienced many instances of TT claiming to have called me when they haven't. Even happened this Tuesday.

It is rather bizarre that TT's own Check & Report service shows there have been 5,295 searched for this number all of whom would have considered it some sort of scam or nuisance call. And those just the tiny % who would have bothered to use your search facility.

OCE_Arne

Hi @stevesurrey

I have filled in a feedback form on the agent involved, A manager will take this up with them.   

FYI , The last note on your complaint reads:  

"We have tried to contact you about your complaint. The outcome of our investigation is that we cannot resolve the issue without speaking to you. Please call us on 0345 1720 088 within the next 28 days or we will close your complaint. You can find a copy of our Complaints Code at talktalk.co.uk/complaints. TalkTalk is a member of the alternative dispute resolution scheme CISAS, cedr.com/cisas." 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

I am now very confused @OCE_Arne. My last actual conversation with the complaints team was on Tuesday 27 August just after 12:30 with a woman called Jenna. The outcome of that conversation was the team would refer my complaint to the CEO Office and I should expect to hear back from them within 5 working days.

Is that not now happening and do I need to call the complaints team again to prevent my case being closed ?

OCE_Arne

That note was added yesterday 29/08/19, I would suggest calling the number. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

So, I get a call from the Complaints Team that just plays me music and no actual conversation took place.

Somebody then places a note in the file to record a conversation that never happened.

If I had just ignored the call, as I expect the majority of people would have, my Complaint would have been closed after 28 days and I would have been none the wiser

This is outrageous. How do you complain about the Complaints Team ?

OCE_Arne

I can escalate the open complain to our CEO office, (who are in Salford). They will contact you next week. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Arne I took your suggestion and called the number and spoke with Joseph.

He confirmed my complaint was escalated to CEO Office on Tuesday per the conversation I had with the complaints team that day. He said that process was still ongoing and waiting their acceptance or validation or something. He has booked a callback to me from the complaints team for Saturday 7th to check up on progress.

Therefore you should not need to escalate to CEO Office as this has already happened 3 days ago. I would hope you could see this from the records. Is that not so?

OCE_Arne

I have bypassed the Validation process that Customer services use. Your complaint will be with the CEO office from Today. 

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

Thank you for your help @OCE_Arne. It is appreciated. But really it shouldn't be this difficult nor require your intervention to get a complaint resolved. I do wonder how many customers simply give up.

Anyway, thanks again.

OCE_Arne
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

For the record I received a "courtesy call" from the CEO Office this afternoon to acknowledge they had received my complaint. I was told it would be assigned to a member of the CEO Office technical team to investigate and I should hear back within 5 working days.

stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Arne wrote:

No problem, hope you get the resolution you are after. 

Thought I would provide a quick update on my complaint since over 2 months have passed.

I am absolutely no further forward.

I get the odd email from CEO Tech support that just say the incidents remain outstanding.

Over the past fortnight I have left 5 phone messages for my Complaints Manager but never get a call back.

I am left with the overwhelming impression the complaints process is designed to drag things out as much as possible until the customer simply gives up.