Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 No longer working

CarysFR
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Good morning,

1571 No longer working:-

I would be incredibly greatful if someone could help to resolve this issue. I am posting on behalf of my mother who is currently in very poor health and desperately needs to have her 1571 voicemail service in working order so that she can pick up messages from the hospital and / or her GP.

In brief - the 1571 voicemail service stopped working around the time that the dialtone changed (the dialtone issue seemingly having been resolved now). Incoming calls now ring for longer but cut off without giving the option to leave a message.

As above, I would be eternally greatful if this issue could be resolved promptly as it's very important that my mother can receive messages.

Thank you,

Richard

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

That's great news CarysFR, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Dear @Chris-TalkTalk and @Michelle-TalkTalk,

I'm very happy to say that my mother's 1571 is now working again. Thank you both so much for your assistance in getting this issue resolved, it is very much appreciated and a huge relief all round.

All the best and thank you again 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

I'll either reply on hear or the network team may contact you directly 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thank you, Chris.

Will you reply on here when you hear back from them?

I've just checked now, and the problem is still there.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK thanks for trying. I'll pass it over to our network team and ask them to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

I've just tried now and unfortunately it's still ringing out without a 1571/voicemail option to leave a message.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Thanks for that. I've tried something so could you please retest and let me know if it's now working

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Thank you 🙂 - I have now updated my profile as per request.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi CarysFR,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number
  • Can you add your Mums TalkTalk landline telephone number to the private notes section at the bottom

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi, thank you for getting back to me 🙂

I've checked now and my mum receives the usual 1571 message when she dials 1571 - but when I call her, I'm still not able to leave a message. I've tested this by asking her neighbour to call from their landline, and it's the same for them too.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, if your mum dials 1571 does it advise that voicemail is not active or give any error messages?

Thanks

0 Likes