Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Noisy line which no one can solve.

Problem#12
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have had problems with my telephone line clarity on and off for years, on (noisy) more than off. For the last few months it is always noisy. Because it had affected my broadband service, I changed to fibre. I have engineers to my home on a number of occasions, paid my charge for absolutely nothing. I have even had talk talk customer service staff say you have a very noisy line, tell me about it. Engineers come with their machines, say they cannot detect a fault and leave me with a crackly line and a £40 charge, thanks for nothing. I have nowhere else to find help. I do not seem to be able to carry out a self test of the line these days, unless someone knows different. We will soon be binning the landline which we pay a boost fee for inclusive UK and mobiles, the quality is poor and we struggle to hear people. Sad times. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

All line tests are clear. I've checked the voltage and attenuation levels showing and they are also fine.   Have you tested different handsets directly at your 'Test Socket' to rule out internal wiring and handset issues ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Problem#12
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hi Chris, I have/had filled in the information you requested, however I have no idea how to post my comment which you and 32 others have already viewed. I am a nominated user on this account. Many thanks. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

Name

Telephone number

Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes