Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I dreaming or was I once upon a time able to receive "Spoken text messages" on my landline?

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I ask since I'm setting up a Fixed rate saver account to which no access will be allowed for the duration of the investment, (other than to navel gaze the numbers!) and yet they insist in having a Mobile phone number purely for receipt of two stage verification during the setup process.

I don't give out my Mobile number to all and sundry in order to stop the proliferation of unwanted pestering that is rife on my landline!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks Debbie.

What a strange retro step, especially in the face of ever increasing "two step verification".

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Steamywee

Apologies, we no longer offer this service.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Gliwmaeden2, when filling out the online application, I was asked for a "Mobile Number", usually the form can detect the difference between the two and reject a LL Number, however, I thought I had got lucky since the LL number was digested without complaint!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@Steamywee, you are right that they used to be available. 

Sometimes banks give the option of sending a code to a landline rather than a mobile, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Talktalk doesn't allow this any more.

Wait for staff to return after the Bank Holiday for an explanation. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 7
Thanks martswain, but I have received Spoken Text Messages on my TT line before!
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

Not available with TalkTalk.

I have Two Factor Authentication with numerous banks and agencies and never get spam calls on my mobile.

0 Likes