cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BT Call Guardian

1 REPLY 1
Popular Poster

I have a phone with BT call guardian.  Recently BT call guardian kicks in on stored contacts/allowed numbers to make them announced calls. It did this once when I myself tried to phone my home number, but on redialling, it got through. But yesterday it routed a call from my number and at least one other number to call guardian. I have notice that the display on my phone (BT8610) did not light up and display anything at all and on viewing the number which has tried to call, put the call down as "no number". Is this a problem with the phone itself or another issue. Is there a solution? One suggestion from the BT community forum is "

the malfunction you describe is due to a corrupted or missing caller display signal which is sent down the line just before the first ring is sent out.

Corrupted signals can also be caused by faulty broadband filters in the broadband equipment, but in most cases, its due to a line fault which would need to be looked at by Openreach."

Anybody else had similar problems?

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @1Perry

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to run a line test to see if anything is picked up.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks