Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT MASTER SOCKET MOVEMENT AND WAIT TIME

DECKARD21
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I currently do not have a BT Master socket. Instead, some ancient BT wiring on an old connector. I wish to have a BT master socket installed and the main phone line entering the house through a different wall. I assume this is something that an Openreach engineer needs to do?

Is this arranged via Talk Talk?
What is the likely cost?
How long is the likely wait time to arrange this?

Many thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

Sometimes it can be weeks but it all depends on the availability in your area. If you would like to go ahead with this then please let us know and we can confirm some details with you so we can pass this over. You would be then be contacted by a dedicated team who will go over some dates with you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks , I am only really trying to get an idea of whether the wait is weeks or months?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Deckard21,

I'm sorry but it's difficult to say how long the wait time is in your area as LVRs are treated as lower priority than repairs, we would only really know when we book the engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your help.  I have updated my profile

I do not wish to arrange the appointment today, but please can you give me an idea of the likely wait time in my area for an appointment?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

This is classed as a LVR (Low Volume Request) to re-locate your main socket and this would be chargeable. Please let us know if you would like to go ahead with this?

Openreach engineers can also install and replace main phone sockets if requested. This is chargeable at £128.40.

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

£128.40

Staff here can arrange an Openreach appointment.

They are back tomorrow and can advise timescales.

Please add your name, address and landline number to your community profile, click your avatar to start.

0 Likes