Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BT phone land lines to become obsolete

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I understand that all BT phone lines are to become obsolete and replaced by a digital system. How will this change affect my broadband connection with talktalk as my BT phone number also becomes obsolete?

Avola_70
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Avola_70

The last time we saw any news about the switch to IP telephony,  the switch was suggested for around 2025, we haven't heard anything since,  there would be a lot of work required on the lines to facilitate this, so for now nothing will change on your line, And if and when it happens our customers will be fully informed. 

Regards

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Will you be offering the option of having broadband only with no land line number? We use our mobiles for everything and have't used our ladline for ages, the only reason we have it is because it comes with the broadband.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Peregrine 

TalkTalk's financial results for the year ending 31 March 2019 were announced on 23 May.  Within those results is this: "In FY19 we launched Fibre for Everyone, a cross-group initiative to ensure we are well positioned to benefit from existing and future Fibre demand. In the short term, that means migrating a greater proportion of our base onto Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services and ensuring TalkTalk is a fast adopter of products such as Single Order Generic Ethernet Access (SOGEA) and G.Fast."

Single Order Generic Ethernet Access (SOGEA) is the Openreach broadband product that does not include a voice service.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer