Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BrightSparks engineer cancelled

cdmurray
Participant
Message 9 of 9

Well that was a waste of time for the BrightSparks engineer turning up this morning at 07:50,
I had cancelled this appointment by 10:00 on Saturday 12/06/2021. This had to be done by chat as  even though the website gives you instructions on how to cancel or change an appointment, the screens they lead you to do not exist.
I sincerely hope that TalkTalk are not going to try and charge me for this.

rafo1
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 2 of 9

Thanks guys.

Regards

rafo1

Message 3 of 9

Hi @cdmurray

The charge will be reversed.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

I have re-escalated this to the support team for you. 

cdmurray
Participant
Message 5 of 9

Hi, I have just received this months bill, and I have been charged for a missed engineer visit "As advised, we've charged you for a missed engineer visit as the engineer was unable to gain access." Clearly not a missed visit as I spoke to him and told him that the visit had been cancelled....

As per the above, the visit was cancelled, and I have screenshots of the online conversation with TalkTalk (attached) telling me this . I do not intend to pay this bill, could you please sort for me please before I have to take it further.

rafo1

Message 6 of 9

Hi

I'm sorry for any frustration this has caused, and sometimes things can go wrong, but the important thing is that your services are all working now.  If there are any issues with the services going forward, stick with us here in the Community and we will get things resolved for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9
Is this worth looking into anyway? I reported the fault on 8-6-2021, (not doing incoming or outgoing calls) which after previous experience
knew full well to be a BT line fault but the operative insisted on calling a BrightSparks engineer insisting that everything had checked out externally and must be a fault in my property.

By 08:00 12-6-2021 the line was working fine again taking both incoming and outgoing calls, at this point I tried using the website to cancel the appointment, which you can't! So used chat to operative 'Mandisa', although insisting that I should still have the engineer visit they typed that 'I do see that your appointment was already cancelled, so the engineer will no longer be coming. You don't have to worry about it now'

My reply: 'Strange Mandisa as I didn't cancel it and received no notification, and on my Service Status page it says "We're working on your issue as you have already been in contact to arrange a BrightSparks engineer"

Mandisa replied "That means the issue was resolved and you were probably going to get an update Monday morning".
I'm still waiting for that update!!

Something wrong somewhere with the system, not an overseas call centre by any chance?
rafo1

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you do see any charges for this then please let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes