Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Call Divert - how to switch on from 'my account'

6 REPLIES 6
walter12
Participant

My home phone is not working - broadband is working. I pay for the 'call divert' feature, can I enter a diverted number online in 'my account' since I am obviously unable to enter it on the phone.

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @walter12

The Call Divert service only works when the phoneline is working, 

We will need to run some tests on your line, can you add your landline number to your community profile and we can start to help with the fault. 

Thanks

walter12
Participant
I have messaged the details to you - thanks.
walter12
Participant
OCE_Arne, I would like to divert telephone calls to a different number whilst my phone is off - if you could tell me how to do this it would be much appreciated. I am struggling to get help from any TalkTalk service.
With previous faults, the call divert was put in place as soon as the fault was reported.
Thanks.
OCE_Arne

Hi @walter12

It look like there a fault on the line and this has been identified late on Friday and a divert has also been added. 

Openreach may have already been out as line tests are now showing clear, Can you confirm?

walter12
Participant
Thanks OCE_Arne, as suspected there was a line fault. It was fixed on Sunday evening.

What is the situation as regards lack of service - is the monthly charge reduced pro-rata?

I did have a call from someone in the technical department after the fault was repaired and I mentioned to him the difficulty there is in reporting a simple line fault. I actually spent from 11:30 to 21:30 on the Friday trying to report the fault and get acknowledgement. I also needed to switch on the call divert (which I pay for), but there is no mechanism to do this, except by using the phone, which was down.

It would be really helpful if there was a section on the TalkTalk website where fault details could be entered (and call divert offered) with an e-mail confirmation then being send. Once, it was only necessary to call BT with the faulty telephone number and action was then taken.

Thank you for helping to fix this problem.
OCE_Arne

Thanks for the update.   If you qualify for automatic compensation then you will receive a sms or Email within 30 days of the fault closing.