Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Safe not screening calls

sevenofx
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

I've recently attempted to activate Call Safe and even though it is 'enabled' in My Account I'm getting bombarded with nuisance & scam calls. I've had many hours of chats with the tech people online and they say they've fixed it or just go round in circles with their guidance, but they haven't fixed it at all.

We have also noticed that the landline ring has changed from two rings to a long single ring which has stopped our home answerphone from working. The TalkTalk answerphone is enabled even though it has not been enabled on My Account and caller ID intermittently works.

Please help, completely fed up with online chat who suggested raising as a complaint but have closed it even though nothing has been resolved. 😞

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @sevenofx  Thanks for the update.  

The single ring is a known issue and has been reported.  

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

The single ring issue solution will be rolled out when it's ready,  @sevenofx.

It's affecting people widely across the network, so not peculiar to your particular line.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

That worked, thank you!

Any chance the single ring notification can be changed back to a double ring?

Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Ok, Let me see what I can find on our backend server, I suspect there is mis-match somewhere causing this.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Yes, we have tried a couple of times over the last couple of weeks with online chat support. We have turned off/ on Call Safe from My Account, they have turned off, we have turned on but it is still not working even though it is currently shown as being on

sevenofx_0-1612386077525.png

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi sevenofx

Have you tried to re-add callsafe via My Account, it looks like its was cancelled when the upgrade went through.  

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

0 Likes