Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CallSafe not block numbers

captk
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Even though the CallSafe setting states that it is on, I'm not sure that it is. I have been trying to get it to block a nuisance call by adding it to CallSafe's Blocked numbers list, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. To test it, I added my mobile number to the Blocked list, and my mobile could still get through. I thought I would try turning CallSafe off and then on again, since it might reset something. But having waited several hours after supposedly turning off CallSafe, the TalkTalk web site still states that CallSafe is on. What should I try next?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 2 of 8

It is working now. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The team fixed it this morning. Thanks. BTW I had forgotten about all the Approved numbers that I will now need to add.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @captk

Callsafe was disabled on your account I have added it again from our side so should activate in the next few hours.

Regards

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

Hi @captk thanks for trying! The team will be back in on Monday and they will sort it for you, when call safe forgets your blocked numbers, it also forgets your approved numbers which can be a pain. Good luck on Monday. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

captk
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Divsec, I have tried two different browsers and I don't see any difference in the results. Switching off (and then on again) CallSafe would not be a problem for me since I only have one blocked number! However, no matter what I try, CallSafe is still being reported as being on.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @captk try a different browser! Also avoid disabling call safe as doing so deletes all your block and approved numbers!! Pita as I have learnt to my regret. 

If this fails your post has been escalated and the team will get back to you on return on Monday,

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes