Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display Not Working

langoliers
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hello,

My caller display stopped working several weeks ago. I have tried all the suggestions from the website and the forums but nothing has worked. I have even purchased brand new phones and it still dosen't work.

I would be most grateful if someone could report this for me. I have called customer services but they said they could not help me due to a power outage and to report my issue online.

Many thanks in advance if you are able to help me,

langoliers
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Morning,

Just checking in to see how you're getting on? 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hello,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

langoliers
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 19

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for letting us know. I've had a phone call from one of your colleagues yesterday, Alina, and have confirmed it is ok to go ahead for Tuesday 30th November, at any time.

Best regards

langoliers
0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hello,

The team have advised that unfortunately they wouldn't be able to provide a specific timescale for this. Would it still be ok to go ahead with this for Tuesday?

Thanks

Message 5 of 19

Morning,

Thanks. I've passed this over to the team now to request this and also asked if they know if this will be AM or PM. I will post back again as soon as I know more.

Thanks

langoliers
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 19

Hi Michelle,

Yes, next Tuesday (30th) would be fine. Do you know if the downtime would be at a specific time, either am or pm, as I currently work from home, so could let my employers know in advance.

Thanks again for your continued help,

Regards

langoliers
0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hello,

Our team have advised that the next step will be to complete a lift and shift but their would be some downtime of the voice/broadband service on the day (could be up to 4hrs) that this happens. Would this be ok and would it be ok to request this for Tuesday next week?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this back to our Network Team and have asked them to confirm the next steps and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

langoliers
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 19

Hi Michelle,

Have tried again after waiting 24 hours and then again just now (so longer than 24 hours). Have used both our mobiles and asked friends and family to call us from their mobiles and landlines, but every time our phone rings it says 'Incoming Call' but no number displayed. Can't understand this, as it has been working until recently with no problem for years. Grateful if you could see what else can be done to resolve this 😭

Thanks

langoliers
0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi,

No problem and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

langoliers
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 19

Hi Michelle,

Will retest again in 24 hours and let you know the outcome. Thanks again for your help so far, much appreciated.

langoliers
0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hello,

Our team has requested for a card reset to be completed and have asked if you can retest this again in 24hrs time please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for confirming. I'm still looking into this and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

langoliers
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 19

Hi Michelle, many thanks for your assistance, much appreciated. I can confirm that aside from caller display not working, there are no other issues with the line. Calls can be heard both incoming/outgoing clearly, with no noise or interference on the line.

langoliers
0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi,

Our team have detected a potential voice fault on the line, can I just confirm, apart from the Caller Display are you experiencing any other issues with the voice service such as noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. I've passed this over for investigation now and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

langoliers
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 19

Hi Debbie - apologies for the late response. I have tried both of your suggestions without success. I have also tried removing and re adding caller display several times, again, without success. Really puzzled, as I have been with Talk Talk for many years now and never had a problem with it before now. Most grateful if you are able to assist further to get this resolved for me, it's driving me crazy 😞.

langoliers
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi langoliers

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you tried the phone directly at the test socket?

It would also be worth removing the caller display in My Account and then re adding it again 30 minutes later.

If you have tested all of this then please let me know and we can raise this as a fault.

Thanks

0 Likes