Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working

kulagav
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

The caller ID on my phone has stopped working, and won't show any numbers, including those in my VIP and contact lists.  It just reads "incoming call" every time. The answerphone will still take messages but it doesn't show the caller's ID, just "no number."

This has happened before, and I have done all the recommended checks, such as switching off Caller Display and switching back on again, to no avail.

Hopefully someone can help get this sorted.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just before I pass this over to our team for further investigation can I just confirm, does this also happen on 2 different handsets?

Thanks

0 Likes

kulagav
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 16

I have checked, and nothing has changed.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi

I've reset the port from here and re-synced some details, can you see if this has changed anything.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

For the third time in a month the caller ID has disappeared from my phone. I'm absolutely fed up with your inability to sort this matter out, and if you are unable to resolve the problem I would like to know so that I can take my custom elsewhere.

I have been a loyal TalkTalk customer for many years, and feel this is poor reward for my loyalty.

I await an early reply.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, how did they reset your phone? Did they talk you through doing something to your phone?

Thanks

0 Likes

kulagav
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 16

This problem, which I thought had been solved a week ago, when your Network Team reset my phone, has recurred. I am once again reduced to seeing "Incoming Call" on my phone instead of the number of the person phoning, so I have no idea who is calling me. There is obviously a problem with your system, and I would be grateful if this could be sorted out sooner rather than later. 

I look forward to an immediate resolution to this problem.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not be contacted. Our chased our team for an update on this now and will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Michelle,

Do you have an update on the problem, please? It's been a week since my post, and nothing has changed,

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hello,

Thank you. I've passed this over to our Network Team now and I will post back as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

I have updated my profile with contact details as requested.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 16

Hi kulagav,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

I switched off and unplugged both phones overnight, and disabled Call Display. I switched everything on again this morning and waited for a couple of hours before trying it, but nothing has changed.

Please can you sort this out. It's very annoying when it suddenly disappears for no reason.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hello,

Ok thank you for confirming. If this is still not working following this then please let us know and we can pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Yes, I switched it off in my account and switched on again. I have currently switched it off again and I will try switching on again tomorrow. It is the same problem with both handsets.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi kulagav,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, did you mean that you've switched this off in your My Account and then re-added this again? Does this happen with 2 different handsets directly at the test socket with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

0 Likes