Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working since mid-June last year.

Ned --
Team Player
Message 29 of 29

My caller display actually stopped working a week or two after I received a text from TalkTalk advising that some unspecified engineering work had been done on my line (and offering £8 compensation with an apology for "not providing you with the level of service we provide ourselves on").  I now wonder if there is a connection between this work and the  Faster Fibre I upgraded to, and some incompatibility between the copper cable and fibre, as others have suggested.  I would appreciate some thoughts on this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

That's great news Ned--, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

So far, so good.  Caller display and caller list seem to be functioning normally.

Thanks to those involved in getting it going.

Ned --

Message 3 of 29

Hi Ned --,

How are you getting on, has the lift and shift resolved the problem?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29
0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Thanks very much for the notice.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi Ned--,

I've booked the lift and shift for Thursday 20 Jan

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Thankyou.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 29

Staff will not be back on here before Monday now, @Ned --.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Your suggestion is fine, if you could just let me know the day.  Obviously, the sooner the better would be preferable!

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the delay. As we need to provide at least 3 working days notice to Openreach to complete this work then we can't put this through for Monday now, apologies for this. Can we just choose any day for this to be completed or is there a specific day that you would need the voice/phone service? If any day is ok then we can pick a day and then let you know which day we have picked?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Would it be possible to confirm the lift and shift for Monday, please?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Could you confirm the lift and shift for Monday please?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi Ned --,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Monday would be fine, thankyou.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. The next step would be to arrange a lift and shift at the exchange. While this work is completed the voice service will be down for up to 4hrs. We need to book this at least 3 working days in advance. When would be the best day for you for this work to be completed? (from Monday onwards)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

After testing, I'm afraid the caller display is still not working.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29
0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Thanks - I will check tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Morning,

I've received an update to advise that a card reset has been scheduled for out of hours. Please can you retest in 24hrs and let us know if this is now working following this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've passed this over to our team for further investigation and will post back here as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes