Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

Martha42
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Since 8th January 2021 my caller display has not been working, at first I thought it was the handset so ordered a new one, when it arrived the new handset was connected and still did not display the caller info. The display continues to say Caller Id Withheld when I receive incoming call. Until I received my new handset the old one would not ring when I had an incoming call.

Any help would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi Martha,

I'm sorry to hear this. Were you contacted by our Network Team? I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect just the phone at the test socket and make some test calls to see if the phone rings and caller display also works in this set up?

Thanks

0 Likes

Martha42
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Caller display now works but is intermittent, my phone now also does not ring when I am being called on occasions. Family have tried to call me and got worried so have had to call my mobile.

Can you please help with this new issue as this is more important than caller display, I do not want to miss calls from family and friends.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 8

Hi Martha,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this over to our Network Team now for investigation and I will post back here as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Linda189
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

I too have no Caller ID working, and this has been the case for some time. Like others I purchased new handsets which also didn't work. An engineer came out, but he also couldn't fix the problem. Since then I have been told it is a fault on a Talk Talk platform and that they are looking at it. This has now been over 2 months and my Caller ID is still not working. Help!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

it started working yesterday, but today it is back to showing caller id withheld in the display screen.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

all calls show as withheld and yes I have tried removing the setting and then re-adding the setting.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Martha,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you also tried removing and then re-adding this again in your My Account? If you've already tried this then please let us know and we can ask our Network Team to take a look. Just to confirm, if you try to call your landline from your mobile for example, then does this also show as withheld?

Thanks

0 Likes