Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display showing all incoming numbers as private number

Itsgoodtotalksometimes
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Within the past week all the calls to our land line are now showing as private calls and we have not got an account to see if a setting has been changed in our account. When i try to create an account i am told we need to contact talktalk to verify our identity yet no number was provided.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Arne: I have added my fathers number to my private notes section, so would you please add his number so he can register an account.

Regards,

T.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Arne, Thanks for sorting that out for me, it's all working fine now. My father uses that line and i use the other and he has been driving me nuts to get it sorted. He is old and the amount of calls we get during the daytime is annoying. I will get him to message you with his details to set up his account. Once again thanks.

Regards,

T.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi @Itsgoodtotalksometimes

I have added caller display back onto the line ending 19 looks like it was auto-disabled last month. 

In order to register for My Account you will need to add a mobile number to the account for verification, If you would like me to add one for you, add the number to your private notes section and once added, you should be able to register, you will have to use a different email address then the one used on your other account. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Itsgoodtotalksometimes
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 10

This has to be one of the most annoying websites i have used in a long time.

I try to register an account for number ending 19 and i get...Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed further due to insufficient information on the account. Please contact us for help. I click the link and it brings me here.

I try to access my account for the number ending 15 and i get...Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later.

For a company called talktalk its hard to find a number to actually talk to someone.

Itsgoodtotalksometimes
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

Hi Karl,  I don't have an online account setup for this line. The other line i have an account for and i have checked the option for the caller display is checked. I have tried to setup an account for the line ending 19 but i get to a point where it says we need to verify your identity and it does not say how i am supposed to do this. Would you be able to active the caller display for me, or suggest how i might setup an account. I will add its strange as the caller display has worked fine for far more than a year.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

I'm showing that caller display is not active on this line.

Are you able to access My Account online and check if you have this service.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Itsgoodtotalksometimes
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl, thanks for getting back to me. I have 2 numbers because of the dial up days years ago.

The number with the problem is the one ending 19.

If you could reset it or check the settings for this line that would be great.

Regards,

Trevor.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

You have two home numbers listed on your profile, are both numbers affected ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes