Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display

chetty
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

I have been having trouble with the caller display on my home phone for a long time.  It comes and goes and is currently missing completely with only 'incoming call' on the display when the phone rings even if the call is from someone on my list.  I cannot call them back as the number is not displayed in the calls list (it just says 'no number').  this is very frustrating and despite having reported it before and it having been restored, it seems to have disappeared completely for the past month or more. I understand this is a recurring problem for many people and it's about time TalkTalk sorted it out.  Any comments would be appreciated before I change provider!!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi chetty

Our Network Team have advised that they have contacted you in regards to this fault and they will also be contacting you again tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi chetty

Apologies for this.

I have escalated this fault to our Network Team and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

chetty
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 14

Have activated caller display in my account 2 days ago and its still not working. PLEASE ADVISE as I am at aloss to know what else to do.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 14

Hi chetty,

If you go into My Account does caller display show as being enabled?

Chris

0 Likes

chetty
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 14

Have tried this and caller display is still not working.  I have read another post here for the same problem and you have escalated it to your technical team.  Can you please do the same for me? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi chetty

On your master socket there should be a test socket underneath the face plate Your guide to main phone sockets

If you do have a test socket then please can you connect the caller display phone at the test socket and let us know if the caller display feature is still not working?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

chetty
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 14

I don't really understand what you are asking me to do.  Please be more specific!

Chetty

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi chetty

Apologies for this.

Please can you also confirm if you have tested with the caller display phone directly at the test socket?

If the fault is still present then I can raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

chetty
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 14

I tried removing caller display from my account.  I unticked it  and had an email to say it had been removed. I then went back to my account to re-instate it on ly to find that the box was ticked before I could do it!!  The problem is still persisting and the caller display doesn't work on my other handset either.  Still very frustrated.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi chetty

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

chetty
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 14

Will try this!

0 Likes

chetty
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 14

Michelle

I haven't tried this but will have a go.

Chetty

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried removing Caller Display in your My Account and then once this has been fully removed then re-added this in My Account again? Does this also happen with 2 different Caller Display phones?

Thanks

0 Likes