Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from people claiming to be TalkTalk Technical Department

Budsalt
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

I have started getting calls from people claiming to be from Talktalk Technical Dept. They say there's a risk that my router has been targeted by criminals from overseas who are trying to get my data. And they want me to turn on my Pc to help me block them. I stop the conversation at this point as  I don't trust the caller, but how do I know they're not legitimate? The numbers have come through as Newcastle on Tyne and one is my local exchange in the Uk. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi, 

To add to the excellent advice from my esteemed colleagues,  Never give any info to a cold caller, and TalkTalk will never request access to your PC.

Report the number as advised and tell those pesky scammers to go stuff themselves 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi Budsalt 

There's some great advice on this page including the very scam of connecting to your computer that TalkTalk helps to prevent by having Scam Protection enabled in How to use HomeSafe®

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

It's a scam, if you have the number report it here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/bd-p/check-and-report