Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not being routed to new provider

Colin D
Conversation Starter
Message 62 of 62

Moved to Vodafone on 19 February. Know this has happened because changed to Fibre to cabinet so better throughput. Can make calls and have received calls. Bills being raised and paid to Vodafone.

However, TalkTalk are still trying to charge me and I have discovered that some people cannot reach us as TalkTalk is not routing to the new provider.

I have tried to sort this out several times by different routes. Can you help? Obviously particularly at this time it is worrying for me not to receive urgent calls and for people calling me to hear unanswered ring tone.

Colin Davies
0 Likes
61 REPLIES 61

Message 41 of 62

Michelle

Thank you for your help. After another wakeful night wondering how David defeated Goliath, a glimmer of hope and I can put off writing the registered letter to the chief executive for a few days.

I have updated the profile as requested, but Molly has reached me on the landline before (they are not using TalkTalk domestic lines obviously). I am having problems receiving email on my old TalkTalk account over the last day or so. I will leave the mobile on though I normally switch it on when I leave the house (so never at the moment).

Colin

Colin Davies
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 42 of 62

Hi Colin,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Do you have an alternative contact/mobile number that you can add to your Community Profile and we can pass this over to our CEO Team?

Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 43 of 62

No I have not been contacted by chief executives complaint handler. I foolishly hoped that the loss of access to the account and the postal red letter for the bill was part of the solution.

I received the we are timing out and closing down complaint email to the redundant email address to which I replied by email.

I received the we are closing the complaint to which I replied by phone (unhelpfully this was on answer phone and the requested call back has not happened).

Phone calls still being miss routed. I am concerned because medical consultations are being made by phone.

I know we are in difficult times, but is knowingly miss routing calls acceptable behaviour?

Feeling powerless and ground down which is not good for my health.

Colin Davies
0 Likes

Message 44 of 62

Hi Colin

Has the complaint manager contacted you by phone to fully discuss the complaint?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Colin D
Conversation Starter
Message 45 of 62

From Chat (over 2 hrs this morning)

Unfortunately Colin from my end it shows that you are not registered for MyAccount services.

Is this progress or an automated revocation of my account because I refuse to pay a bill I do not owe? HOWEVER, MyAccount is the way TalkTalk say you reclaim what you are owed when you move to a new provider.

Next time my son phones to our mobile, I will ask him to try the landline again to see if that works.

Colin Davies
0 Likes

Message 46 of 62

Still not acceptable to send a reply to a complaint to an unmonitored address. However, if you route calls to phones that don't exist I suppose this should be expected. This is unacceptable customer service on both counts.

Now struggling to get back into my talktalk account to see if something has changed. Setting up a new password for the website changes e-mail password and doesn't work with website.

I am losing the will to live, or is this how you remove complaints?

Colin Davies
0 Likes

Message 47 of 62

Hi Colin D,

Have you now discussed this with your complaint manager (automated messages are generally sent to whichever email address you have registered on our billing system)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 48 of 62

Bill still there.

Calls still not being routed correctly.

Have had a happy you are staying with TalkTalk message (I hope this was an automatic response to them closing down an earlier failed attempt to leave).

Received an attempt to close the original complaint by timing it out (sent to my inactive talktalk account rather than my in use email from which I complained.)

Not a great record for sorting something out.

Colin Davies
0 Likes

Message 49 of 62

Hi Colin D

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear that you are still in contact with the complaints manager. The complaint wont be closed until this issue has been resolved and you are happy for the complaint to be closed.

As this is in hand with our CEO's Office they will keep you updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 50 of 62

I phoned Molly at the chief executive’s office again yesterday (21 April) to let her know nothing appeared to have happened. She was busy on another call, but called me back with the information on my account to hand. She has promised she will not close the complaint down until it is fully resolved and she has contacted me.

The first time I spoke to her on the 13 April I had refused to close down the complaint until it was fully resolved (I have evidence that an earlier complaint had been closed down without resolution, my knowledge or permission) so she had put it in the pending pile after she had contacted provisioning to sort it out.

Not sure what you can see or do.

Colin Davies
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 51 of 62

Hi Colin D

Apologies for the delay.

Are you still in contact with the complaints manager?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 52 of 62

Hi Colin

The explanation implies that the pending cease order for a Post Office switch didn't get removed so that's why nothing happened when Vodafone notified the switch going live.

The TalkTalk process needs to be updated in that case as it wouldn't be that unusual for a customer to change their mind in the 14 days after ordering and to place a new order.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback. And do please keep us updated.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Colin D
Conversation Starter
Message 53 of 62
Bank Holiday Monday
Just had a call from the TalkTalk Chief Executive office in reply to email of 25 March. The explanation was that it was due to an earlier abortive attempt to move to Post Office Telecom masking the Vodafone move.

They have promised to sort everything so my phone should be fully working and the billing corrected by the 17th.

I will update again when everything is working and I have received the money I am owed.
Colin Davies

Colin D
Conversation Starter
Message 54 of 62
Thank you. I hope this is an unusual problem, it has taxed my understanding and patience in these difficult times.

I presume it is rare as no one I have talked to has come up with a quick solution.

Thank you again and I hope something comes of it. Even if it doesn't understanding the problem makes it better than ranting.
Colin Davies

Message 55 of 62

Hi Colin D 

OK, when Vodafone notified TalkTalk of the impending takeover of the line and phone number there should have been a pending order in your account for a cease of the line. When Vodafone then notify TalkTalk of the switch that should have activated the cease and the number porting databases would have been updated to reflect the porting of the number.

So, the job is not yet done. And yes, when TalkTalk action the cease of the line the process should complete exactly as it should have done from the outset.

Just need to get that cease order actioned in arrears.

I've alerted TalkTalk of how I read the situation so wait for their response.

Colin D
Conversation Starter
Message 56 of 62
Yes they claim they are providing a service while they are not.

When I had my hour long conversation with them I had not associated the problem receiving calls from my sons mobile with the billing problem. I had reported this to Vodafone but they could not find any fault with the line.
I only put it together when another person couldn't reach me from a landline. If TalkTalk cut me off, will it sort the problem out????
Colin Davies
0 Likes

Message 57 of 62

Are you saying that TalkTalk are still billing you / haven't sent you a final bill?

Colin D
Conversation Starter
Message 58 of 62
I am only the customer.

I have moved to Vodafone and TalkTalk and Vodafone have their wires crossed. I have told both companies what has happened, it is not for me to attribute blame. Not sure how the process works and what role Openreach have in this as they actually physically made the change which moved me to Fibre to the cabinet.

Both companies should be trying to sort it out. If a delivery company has been told I have moved I would not be happy they were charging me for a service they were not delivering and indeed dumping any parcels they received down a black hole!

I had been on the phone for over an hour before TalkTalk shut up shop. I sent an email as requested with copies of my Vodafone bill, to find the trouble ticket had been closed and by the time the complaints email also closed.

I am not getting into a blame game, but at least Vodafone believed me.
Colin Davies
0 Likes

Message 59 of 62

Hi @Colin D 

You're absolutely right that if your former phone number with TalkTalk was switched by Vodafone then the responsibility is with Vodafone to notify TalkTalk on the day of the switch and for TalkTalk to then cease your contract and send you a final bill.

Are you saying that TalkTalk are still billing you / haven't sent you a final bill?

Or are you just assuming it's a TalkTalk fault that incoming numbers to your line aren't getting through? i.e. it's a number porting database lookup issue?

0 Likes

Colin D
Conversation Starter
Message 60 of 62

Should have been easy. According to Ofcom I should not need to cancel anything with TalkTalk as it should be automatic as Vodafone also use Openreach.

Number was successfully ported to Vodafone and is working for most/a lot of people to call me. I know if two people who cannot one is on a landline  with the Post Office (who are within the TalkTalk fold), the other is on a mobile with ID which is hosted by THREE. I do not know if others have also been trying but receiving ring tone which is never answered.

TalkTalk are still acting as if they are providing my service and routing calls that enter their remit to a black hole. Other people are reaching me and I can dial out. I have spent hours on the phone and on chat and email to no avail. The problem is complex and difficult to explain.

Essentially TalkTalk need to let me go rather than charge me for intercepting my calls and frustrating my need to be contacted.

Colin Davies
0 Likes