Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls supposedly from Talk Talk

MeAnnWilliams
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

I've had three calls this week supposedly from Talk Talk. 

Oddly enough they have been cut off. 

But how can you be sure if Talk Talk do call you ? Do you use foreign call centres? How do yuu introduce yourselves? 

It seems odd I have only had these calls since having the new router, at first I wasn't totally sure if it was a scam call. 

Thanks for any reply 

A

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5
0 Likes

MeAnnWilliams
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 5

Hi, many thanks for your replies 

I thought they were scam calls but thought I'd mention it .

😃

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi @MeAnnWilliams

It is a scam call. Unless you have requested a callback things to remember TalkTalk will never:

• Call you to advise we have detected a fault in your router and ask you to install any software
  • Never call you to state you are being disconnected due to a fault/late payment 
  • Use your TalkTalk account number to prove a call is genuine.
  • Ask you to provide your full password - we'll only ever ask for two digits in order to protect your security.
  • Ask for your bank details to process a refund - if you're a TalkTalk customer, your bank details are already registered on our systems.
  • Ask you to send us money through services such as Moneygram or Western Union. Scammers do this to prevent transactions from being tracked back to them.

If you are in any doubt hang up the call and call us back to verify that we have called you. 

You could try our CallSafe service which has been proven to deter scammers read more about it on our help page About CallSafe

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Just don't give out any information unless you are definitely expecting a call that's been arranged, @MeAnnWilliams.

Do the usual thing of putting the phone down.  Give it time to clear. Maybe phone it from a mobile and answer your own call....

You can always ring Talktalk on 03451 720046 (Monday to Saturday, after 9am) and if they are keeping proper records they will be able to follow up or clarify that it was not Talktalk.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.