Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Callsafe

7 REPLIES 7
leoman2018
Popular Poster

I recently started to set up my CallSafe approved list of numbers but noticed that the list said all entries were Number Withheld. Why was this ?  All numbers involved are purely domestic numbers that display on my caller display phone.

Geoff_B
Team Player

This has happened to me today, as I switched on Callsafe and added 25 numbers to the Approved list. When trying to edit or display an approved number, it said that the phone number is a withheld number and doesn't display it, so I can't edit it. I know for a fact that some of these numbers have definitely not been withheld by the owner of that number.

Also, every time I added a number to the approved list, this message appeared:

We are unable to carry out this action due to a technical issue. Please try again or contact us.

In spite of this, though, each new number was added!.

Any idea what is going on please?

leoman2018
Popular Poster

No Idea Geoff. I gave up on Callsafe as my BT phones give much the same service and are simpler to update.  A Pity TT can't be bothered to provide some advice.

ianw2007
Participant

Same problem here. Numbers I have entered myself with names attached are shown withheld even though I know they would not be withheld as I still get non-withheld calls from them. Whats going on here?

bscarth
Popular Poster

I raised this with TalkTalk a while ago and was told that it was an issue with "MyAccount" that they were aware of but couldn't give a resolution date.

If you enter a number via 1472 on your phone it shows correctly in MyAccount and you can then add a name to it. Bit of a pain I know but better than nothing.

ianw2007
Participant
Thanks. I only just discovered Callsafe after a deluge of scam calls. At least there's a way round the problem. Main thing is my scam callers have gone. From other posts it seems that if you switch it off you lose all your saved safe callers so thats another problem for them to solve. Maybe they'll get it right sometime. Who knows?
bscarth
Popular Poster

You're assuming they see it as a "problem" and not a "feature".

Geoff_B
Team Player

Does TalkTalk have an update or any advice on when this "withheld number" issue will be fixed?