Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an area code be blocked?

Charlie_bee
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Is it possible to block all calls from a particular area code?

I am ex-directory but receive so many nuisance calls from the Manchester area. As soon as the answer machine answers they hang up. From searches these calls are undoubtable scammers but it is no good blocking that particular number as they appear to have a way to change the telephone number each call - although all from Manchester.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 3

If you are using the renamed Last Call Barring, that needs the full number,. Laborious I know, but you can block up to 100 numbers like this.

Voicemail (1571) or an answering machine will normally solve this, you just don't answer any from that area code, just let the caller leave a message. I have never yet found a scammer who leaves you a message.

Then there is Call Safe, but I have never used this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Blocking a whole area code, if it were possible, would block any legitimate callers too.

the calls probably don 't originate from Manchester either as the scammers are well known to spoof numbers.

have you considered Callsafe? Ive not had a single scam call in the last few years since i started using it.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-CallSafe/ta-p/2204784

it's not for everyone, but for me the peace has been bliss.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes