Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't dial numbers beginning 05

hawaye
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

In order to be prepared for the great landline switch-off in 2025, I've subscribed to a free VOIP service and installed a softphone app on my laptop. Amazingly, all works well except I can't dial my TalkTalk landline from the softphone. I can dial my mobile from the softphone and get a good connection but the landline gives a continuous tone which used to be called 'unobtainable' The VOIP support people believe it's a TalkTalk restriction because my new phone number begins '05'. Could this be true? Can I have the restriction removed please?

hawaye
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7
Many thanks for this definitive reply. I'll alter my plans accordingly.
hawaye
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi @hawaye

Thanks for your post. 

Im afraid , you wont be able to call your softphone from the landline, as there is no way for us to bill the call at this time, All calls are subject to a access charge and service charge. If we cannot access the network the call will be rejected. 

Sorry 

Message 4 of 7

I haven't ever had any problems dialling out from my TalkTalk landline except this number beginning 05. So yes I can dial different area codes. My mobile will dial the number and be connected. The VOIP support people say it's happened before with providers blocking access to 05 numbers. 

hawaye
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi hawaye,

Can I just confirm, are you able to ring other landline numbers? Does this affect different area codes or just your own number?

Thanks

0 Likes

hawaye
Team Player
Message 6 of 7

"I can't dial my TalkTalk landline from the softphone. I can dial my mobile from the softphone "

Sorry - absolute rubbish. Should say I can't dial the softphone from my TalkTalk landline. I can dial the softphone from my mobile.

hawaye
0 Likes