Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't get reminder call to work

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

So firstly, I *do* have reminder call enabled on my account.

If I dial *55*0630# I get told I have entered the time incorrectly and to refer to my user manual or contact my service provider. If I just dial *55* and pause, waiting for a prompt, I also get told I have entered the time incorrectly.  I've also tried it by entering the digits then pressing dial, as well as entering them after I get my dial tone but it makes no difference. 

If I try *56* to try and set a recurring reminder instead I get told that "regular reminder calls have not been enabled.

Has anyone been able to get reminder calls to work properly? Am I missing something? I know it's probably not a common feature but it would be useful for it to work for me.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I started getting exactly the same problem just over a week ago.  The service always used to work OK.
I've reported the problem - a week ago and was told that the system needed to update across the network and wouold take about a week.  Still not working and was told to check it again tomorrow.  Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi both

Do you also use TalkTalk CallSafe?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster
What is Call Safe?
Highlighted
Community Star

About CallSafe 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for that.  Found Call Safe on the web page and can't find any numbers that I am supposed to have blocked.  However, strangely it claims that  two numbers  were entered on the day my reminder call service stopped working.  There are no details of the numbers though.
In desperation I tried to turn off Call Safe in "manage my call safe" but when I check again it seems to have been turned back on.  I don't really need Call Safe but I DO need Reminder Calls.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

If CallSafe is also enabled for your home 'phone landline you'll need to allow your own 'phone number to enable the reminder calls to pass direct through CallSafe.

To enable free Reminder Calls

• Select My Services from the grey header bar
  • Select Manage home phone Boosts from the drop-down list
  • Tick Reminder call in the Calling features section
  • Scroll down and Select Update

If also using CallSafe enter your full landline 'phone number in the Allowed list.
(your full landline 'phone number is shown in MyAccount)

• Select Manage CallSafe from the drop-down list
  • Select the Approved tab
  • Select  Add an approved number
  • Enter the full number without spaces
  • Enter a name such as Own number
  • Select the blue Approve number button
    (The View details will show Withheld number even if you're not witholding the number from others to see)
    You may also add an Approved number using the 'phone handset How to use CallSafe 

To set up a one-off Reminder Call

• From your home 'phone handset make a call to * 5 5 *
    (or * 5 6 * for a reminder call at the same time every day(1))
  • Enter the call time in the 24-hour format (0920 for 9:20am or 1430 for 2:30pm)
  • Key # to confirm or wait for the reminder message to confirm the time
  • End the call
  • You can check that Reminder Call is active at any time by dialling * # 5 5 *
  • To cancel all Reminder Calls dial # 5 5 #

To deactivate all Reminder Calls

• Select Manage home phone Boosts from the drop-down list
  • Untick Reminder call in the Calling features section
  • Scroll down and Select Update

(1) A message saying "regular reminder calls have not been enabled" means this feature is not available at your telephone exchange.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Success!!
Thank you so much.  My Call Safe service has now been deactivated and Reminder Call is working again.  You are an absolute star!🌟