Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls

Presleyfan
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

No dialling tone. 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Presleyfan,

Glad to hear that you telephone service is working again. The only information that we have is an update from Openreach at around 6pm last night saying that Openreach have cleared and closed the fault, doesn't give any more information than that unfortunately

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi Debbie

Just to confirm that our phone is back online.  I  contacted TalkTalk Customer Service to cancel the engineer's visit and they have logged this on my file, but said too late to cancel visit.  I have also texted Openreach to notify them and they say they have cancelled the appointment.   Would like to know what happened to restore our line.  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18
0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Thank you Debbie.  I will be in touch.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Presleyfan

I have arranged the engineer visit for 29/09 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

OK,  just hope it is Openreach's fault!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Presleyfan

We have to confirm potential engineer charges before we can arrange this visit.

If the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges should be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Not happy about paying engineer charges when fault is not of our making.  We can be available am or pm for visit but would like notification in advance

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Presleyfan

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you also confirm potential engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi Presleyfan

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Yes please if that is the only option

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi Presleyfan

Thanks for confirming this.

The next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

I just plugged the phone jack into the test socket without the router

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi Presleyfan

Thanks for your reply.

When you tested the phone at the test socket, was the router also removed from the line?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

I have re-checked the test socket with another phone and get no signal on the phone,  yet the broadband is working OK.  I have changed the micro-filter just in case that was causing the problem.  The phone was working perfectly well at 17.15 on Friday, but when the caller phoned again, it was constantly engaged.  They emailed us to point this out and since then no signal.  Is it normal for the broadband to work and not the phone.  The house is fairly new and nothing has been done to any wiring and no new devices have been fitted.  Can you try phoning our number and confirm what message you are getting please.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 18

Hi Presleyfan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Have you tested with a different phone at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Forum staff won't be able to act on this before Monday, @Presleyfan.

Try phoning from a mobile to report it:

03451 720046

Or use Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes