Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove Voicemail.

apjarnold
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 17

Hi, I have been trying for days to remove the voicemail service from my phone, I unchecked the relevant button, I click on update and wait for the page to refresh and then log out.

I go back in several hours later and the button is checked again, has anyone else had this problem ?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 17

Hi @apjarnold 

The process is:

• Unselect the Voicemail calling feature
  • Select update at the bottom of the calling features
  • Select Confirm in the pop-up window that appears

You may not see a pop-up window if your Internet browser or other add-on software is blocking pop-ups.

See OCE_Arne's sticky post about Pop-ups and why the feature will not be changed unless you allow Browser pop-ups to allow the pop-up window and positively Confirm the changes that you see after selecting update.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17
Hi Gondola,
I too want to delete the Voicemail from My Account.
Nothing is Ticked..Voicemail Plus is Clear.The only two boxes that are ticked are..Caller Display and Regular Directory Listings.
When I update it tells me No Updates to Account where made.
Cheers.
YNWA-JFT 96

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Gerry

For you the process is:

• Select the Voicemail Plus calling feature
  • Wait an hour
  • Unselect the Voicemail Plus calling feature

Let us know if that 'on-off' routine does remove Voicemail Plus from your line. If there's no change you'll need the OCE to do the 'on-off' routine from their side or raise a fault ticket for the back-office crew to fix it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

OK G,
Will try that..Hope I,m charged a £1..I,ll be battering your door..lol

A Pop-Up has appeared and states..

By clicking 'Confirm' I agree to the terms and conditions, I understand that I will be obligated to pay and I cannot cancel this order.???

Cheers.

YNWA-JFT 96

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Gerry

I made the assumption that as you said you had Voicemail activated you were already being charged £2/m as that's the current subscription for Voicemail Plus.

But the system is telling you that you don't have Voicemail Plus currently because it's asking you to subscribe.

So, what is it that you're trying to remove and what are you being charged for currently?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17
No..Not been charged anything via Voicemail...Don,t want to be charged in the future for using 1571..That is all..
Sorry for any confusion on the matter..
YNWA-JFT 96

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

If 'Standard' Voicemail isn't in the Calling Features ticked boxes then it'll not reappear because customers that are not already subscribed to 'Standard' Voicemail cannot add that option as only Voicemail Plus is now offered on subscription.

Are you saying that 'Standard' Voicemail is active even though there's no 'Standard' Voicemail in the Calling Features ticked boxes?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17
The last time I used the phone I think Standard was active.Must check..😃
YNWA-JFT 96

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

I had to call tech support in the end, they removed the standard voicemail as it was impossible for me to do so, something to do with it no longer being available.

Message 11 of 17

Hi apjarnold 

Thanks for confirming that TalkTalk Technical Support actioned the Voicemail removal for you. 

You did have the Voicemail tick box in your MyAccount so you should have been able to untick and select Confirm in the pop-up window... that didn't pop up on your computer.

But all's well that ends well.

Message 12 of 17

I removed the tick  and updated five times, the tick cam back five times, in other words the system would not let me alter the situation from my end, but did let tech support alter it your end, I can not believe I will be the first or last having this problem. I am a computer buff and I am more than capable of taking a tick out of a check box.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi apjarnold 

I believe you. Unticked and updated 5 times. But you don't mention anything about selecting Confirm in the pop-up window. If you don't select Confirm in the pop-up you can untick and update 'till Halloween 2020 and there'll be no change. See post 2 in this thread for the explanation.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Updated means I clicked on the confirm button at the bottom, and as I said I did this five times waited a day or several hours and when I logged back in the box was checked again. I have been a power user and hobbyist programmer since 1987 so I think I know how to use a simple web page. you will see that standard voicemail is no longer available and that is probably where the flaw in the system is and probably why more people will have the same problem when they try to cancel voicemail via the website.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

...Update at the bottom of the calling features is NOT the Confirm button in the pop-up.  You have to do both.  Voicemail advice article.

Voicemail activate or deactivate select confirm.png

And when you have successfully Confirmed that Voicemail is removed you'll also receive an email confirmation to your MyAccount login email address.

Voicemail Standard remove in MyAccount.png

So the advice to everyone having the same trouble as you is to READ post 2 in this thread for the answer. The END.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 17

Except no pop up came up at all, could be because my browser blocks pop ups as they are a pain in the backside, a lot of people block pop ups, so maybe TalkTalk should know this and have the confirm button on the same page, or at least somewhere where it can be seen, that is sloppy programming and not helpful to the customer.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 17
Hi G
On my Account Page the only box visible is Voicemail Plus.
Looks like I,ll have to contact Tech Support to de-active Standard Voicemail.
Thanks for your input as always.
G
YNWA-JFT 96