Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed to gsync fibre150 yesterday and lost my tel number

marcus1970
First Timer
Message 16 of 16

HI 

I got switched over to talktalk fibre 150 yesterday and i have found out today I have a different telephone number, I really need my older number back what can I do.

Have openreach mucked up.

m badger
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Thanks Marcus, glad to help, sorry it took so long, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

marcus1970
First Timer
Message 2 of 16

Just to say a big thanks to @Chris-TalkTalk for getting my old number ported back to me.

I have to say after numerous telephone calls to i suspect Pakistan and not getting far at all with not even a call back its great to have the community here and guys like chris who can take your problem and get it sorted.

m badger

Message 3 of 16

Hi marcus1970,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Thanks

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 16

"Order management have advised that if the old number is required you would have to cancel the current order and place a new order for a working line take over rather than for a new line."

That would apply if the service is at the order stage and the customer has been advised they were going to be allocated a new number.

As your service has already gone live then a "working line takeover" is not possible as Now have ceased that service and number.

As for cooling off periods, read the Ts and Cs at the bottom of the page, the clock started running from the date of your order or delivery of equipment, whichever applies in your case, NOT the date your service started.

Hopefully @Chris-TalkTalk or @Michelle-TalkTalk will advise you where you stand with TT.

@marcus1970 have you asked Now the status of your old number ?

0 Likes

marcus1970
First Timer
Message 5 of 16

From a previous thread.

Order management have advised that if the old number is required you would have to cancel the current order and place a new order for a working line take over rather than for a new line.

m badger
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Thanks for the suggestion but it's not solving my problem, this number is important enough that im willing to cancel my contract with talktalk as i have a cooling off period and i will contact sky,

I Desperately need my old number back.

m badger
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 16

@marcus1970 if your line is working just give the new and old numbers to whoever needs to know them and they can try both, inconvenient but you and your father can still easily be contacted.

What happens when you dial the old number ?

It may already have been reallocated to another customer.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

HI Michelle

Having spent nearly two hours on the phone friday to numerous operators who just seem to operate from a script, i did manage to get this escalated but I have not heard anything back after I was told they would get back to me in 24hours.

Would be much obliged if you could look into this for me the Ref is CMP-275220.

To clarify when i signed up im sure i ticked the I wanna keep my number but im not sure and the one operator i spoke to said they could not port my old number back due to it already being ported to talktalk, this might be because i was with talktalk a number of years ago but switched after.

I think this needs someone to take ownership and shake a few heads together.

To say again we have had our number for well over 40 years and my father (80 years) needs the number due to ongoing cancer care and he does not have a mobile, its all abit stressful.

m badger
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi marcus1970,

During the ordering process you would have been asked if you'd like to keep your old number, did you choose to keep it?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

HI Michelle

No unfortunatlly live chat couldnt do anything for me and gave me this number 0345 1725157 but kept being passed from advisor to advisor for 1:30min.

The one advisor said she could'nt port my previous number from NOWTV/SKY because it had already been ported before, she seems to think this was because i was with talktalk some years back and the system wont allow it to port.

I was than passed onto someone else who passed me onto two other advisors who eventually escalated this for me, so im told i should get a call in 24 hours once escalated.

I did say this keeping my old number is very important for my elderly father whos had this number since 1978 for medical reasons etc.

m badger
0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Did you manage to resolve this with our Live Chat Team?

Thanks

Message 12 of 16

I am currently on the live chat system on myaccount.

It was NOWTV i was with before

m badger
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 13 of 16

@marcus1970  if you did not request the number to be transferred then it is very likely it has been lost.

A staff member, probably @Arne-TalkTalk will be able to check if the order went through as a new line request or a number transfer.

Who was you previous ISP ?

Despite what OFCOM says, not all numbers are portable between companies.

Please add you current (new) number to your community profile and put the old number in the private note section, click on your avatar at the top RHS to start.

Message 14 of 16

Hi I have moved from another ISP and it is the Gfast 150, i dont remember been asked to keep my number when i completed the switch process.

m badger
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 15 of 16

@marcus1970  is the g.fast 150 service an upgrade with TT or have you moved from another ISP ?

If you have just joined TT did you ask for you number to be ported from your previous ISP ?

0 Likes