Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes made to call boosts are not saved

Ken_Healey
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I am attempting to remove 2 "boosts" from My Account (Web Page: https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/myservices/myservices/view ).

I untick the two boosts I no longer want and press the "Update" button. I get a "Loading.." icon/message and that's it. At this point the boosts are still unticked but if I leave and then return to the page, they are ticked again!

A family member thought it might be related to pop-ups being blocked. So I unblocked them (Google Chrome) but there was no change in what happened when I tried again. I've been trying this since yesterday (13th July 2021). 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

@Ken_Healey 

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

@Happyhouse14 @duwcaruchi  can you both start your own topics and we can start to help 

0 Likes

duwcaruchi
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

I have been trying to change telephone boosts for 3 days now. This appears to be a TalkTalk system issue. When are they going to fix it?

0 Likes

Happyhouse14
First Timer
Message 3 of 10

Hi, I am the same, I want to add a boost, but when I hit update the screen initially looks like it is doing something, but nothing happens, when the browser is refreshed nothing has happened and the boost isn't added.

0 Likes

Happyhouse14
First Timer
Message 4 of 10

I have the same issue, trying to add a boost and nothing happens after I hit submit, any advice?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Arne, I use Google Chrome. I've just tried it on MS Edge on my laptop with pop-ups unblocked and it behaves exactly the same. I've also tried it on a proprietary browser on my Huawei mobile phone with the same result.

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Can you try a different browser, again with pop up blockers off. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi martswain

Thanks for your reply.

Clearing cache, cookies, images etc. is something I've just tried, but to no effect.

I'm familiar with the "pop-up blocked" message but there is no sign of this when I try to Update the phone boosts.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

Clear cached pages, images and TT cookies.

Other software can stop the confirmation dialogue box from appearing, so check your browser notification area (top RHS) for a message advising a pop-up was blocked.

0 Likes

nsquires251
First Timer
Message 9 of 10

I've got a similar problem except I'm trying to add a call boost. Just get the loading circle then nothing happens. Hope someone has a fix 😞

0 Likes