Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheaper to call a mobile in the Pacific island than a landline just down the road?

THX1968
First Timer
Message 3 of 3
My broadband/phone bill is £7 higher than normal this month, because I got charged £7 for one LOCAL phone call during the day, that was about half-an-hour of me waiting on hold in a queue trying to get through to my GP on my (never used) landline, after I left my mobile at my girlfriend's..

I just checked TalkTalk’s charges and it’s 24p a minute to ring anywhere in the UK during the day. Then I looked at their international charges and saw that it’s just 22p a minute to ring anywhere in the EU, including EU mobiles! And 'EU' covers French Polynesia... at the same rate!

So it's cheaper for me to call a mobile phone in the middle of the Pacific than it is to ring my GP less than 10 minute's walk away? How does that work? 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi THX1968

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Normally, the person in the Pacific will have to pay for the portion of your call that goes international. However, I do agree that generally, it is cheaper to call from a mobile than a landline. Some years ago it was the other way around.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes