Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Check and report

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

Is the "check and report" scammer  team on holiday, no reported numbers have been blocked within the last 9 days?

fedman11
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @fedman11

There was confirmation of a blocked number a day ago: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/01708128516/m-p/2246968

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your reply, and point taken. Looking more closely 3 numbers were blocked 2 days ago, and a further 3, 3days ago. However there are 17 pages of reported scam calls going back 9 days which have not been delt with, hence my 'tongue in cheek' comment.

fedman11
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @fedman11

I see what you mean - going back 9 days and plenty of reports of blocked numbers. EG:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/bd-p/check-and-report?page=18

Obviously there is some activity, but as you say, it gives the impression of it not being comprehensive. I haven't been keeping a track of how long each investigation of each number takes.  10 days might be reasonable to ensure real customer numbers aren't blocked? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Gondola

See Best Answer from Michelle about this.

> https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Stars-Lounge/Check-amp-Report/td-p/2243363

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today

I have Just screwed up again

Highlighted
Community Star

...I'd missed that reply from Michelle.

I think we can tell @fedman11 that OCE_Michelle is on the case.  She was going through the lists to check for 'blocked' numbers where the notification of blocking had not got onto the Check & Report board.

We don't know whether that's human or system error but it's being investigated.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks to you both for your replies. Unfortunately I cannot gain access to the link provided by "Anker", but at least the OCE's are aware.

fedman11
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Any further news from OCE's regarding "Check and Report" numbers being blocked?

We are now up to 26 pages of back log, and no signs of any movement.

fedman11
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

@fedman11 

I'll chase this up with Michelle and let you know where we are. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Arne,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

fedman11
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi fedman11,

Our Security Team are still investigating and blocking scam numbers on a regular basis. If some of the numbers reported haven't been blocked as yet then this can be due to a number of reasons, for example the number is a genuine number but the number may have been spoofed.

We encourage everyone to keep reporting these numbers to us as they are investigated by our Security Team and numbers are regularly being blocked on our Network. I've checked today and I can see responses from our Security Team within the last 24hrs and also this week.

If you're still receiving scam calls from a specific number previously reported but hasn't been blocked, then I'd advise commenting on this again. The more people that search for and comment on specific numbers, the higher priority it gets for investigation.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The reason I asked the question was that when I first reported the apparent scam number some 12 days ago, the back log was only about 2 pages between blocked and "to be checked" numbers. As I said before there are now some 26 pages of unchecked numbers. However I do of course understand that prior to blocking a number you must be 100% sure it is a scam.

Thanks again

fedman11
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle,

Just received an email from your "security team" saying that the number I, and several others reported via "check and report" had been blocked.

Sorry but according to the "Check and Report" list 01789261916 has still not been blocked after 15 days?

fedman11
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi any OCE,

I assume that your Check and Report service is overwelmed with the number of reported scam calls.

Nothing seems to have moved much in the last month, there are now 35 days and 84 pages of unblocked numbers.

fedman11