Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete loss of service

CustardCream
Participant
Message 14 of 14

Hi, I have had a complete loss of service for over a week now (landline dead, no internet). TalkTalk engineer visited on 17/05 and said the problem needed to be escalated to Openreach. An Openreach engineer was booked for 19/05 but did not show. Apparently this appointment was closed with no explanation and I have been referred to the online chat. Each time I contact the online chat I have to go through the same script and checks as if I am logging a new fault. I am sick of going round in circles and this is now costing me a fortune in mobile data. This is not a acceptable.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

That's great news CustardCream, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Chris

Quick update: The Openreach engineer has been this morning and the problem was traced back to the telegraph pole serving my house - my service had been redirected to another property. The issue is now resolved (for me at least) and my service has been fully restored.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

That's great, many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

I've booked the engineer for the earliest AM appointment available - May 24 2022, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Thank-you 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Thanks, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Thanks Chris, I have replied to the PM. I accept the potential engineer charges and am available for any AM appointment.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

OK thanks, if you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Correct, there is no dial tone when the phone is connected to the test socket

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

So just to confirm, there is no dial tone with your telephone connected directly to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14
  • Thanks Chris, I have replied to your email to rearrange the engineer visit.
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi CustardCream,

I'm sorry about this, we can rearrange the engineer visit. If you'd like me to do this please let me know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes