Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant tone on landline when caller hangs up first

Simcom
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

This problem started back in March.

If I am called on my landline, when the caller hangs up first I hear a loud constant tone which continues for 30 seconds before the line disconnects. It can be annoying because if the answering machine cuts in, it records the 30 second tone once the caller hangs up whether they leave a message or not.

I unplugged the cordless telephone / answering machine and just used an ordinary static phone but the long tone still sounds whenever a caller hangs up.

This problem was also reported here Loud constant tone when other end hangs up first 

We don't share the same exchange so it could be a wider issue.

I'm raising this topic purely to highlight the problem and hopefully others will do the same if it becomes more widespread. 

I don't wish to escalate it further for now.

9 REPLIES 9

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 10

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The team have let me know that they are still testing/investigating this and have advised that they will let me know as soon as they know more.

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 10

Hello,

Just a quick update to let you know that I've not forgotten about this and have a requested an update from the team now.

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 10

Morning,

Just a quick update to advise that they are still looking into this, no updates as yet.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Morning,

I've asked one of our Network Engineers to take a look at this and will let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Message 5 of 10

Hi @martswain - Thank you. I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

@Debbie-TalkTalk I get very few calls, only noticed the issue this weekend and thought nothing of it until reading the two posts on the subject.

It happened this lunchtime too.

Message 7 of 10

Hi martswain

Thank you. When did you first experience this issue?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

@Simcom  and @Debbie-TalkTalk  also happening to me, Troon, Scotland.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Simcom

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm looking into this further and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie