Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued failure of caller ID

VBennett
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

we have no caller ID.  We have been having this problem for months.  Caller ID stops working, we call support and they reset it and it usually works BUT only for a few days and then we have to call again.  After reading other posts on this forum regarding this issue, I learnt that I could go into my account and uncheck caller ID from call features, and then after a while reinstate it.  This would also usually work, but again only for a few days at best.  After doing this several times, I now cannot make any changes to my account options at all, as the account has been locked from further changes - stating that there are 'changes pending'......but it has been saying this for literally months now!

we have been through all the usual checks of course, like different handsets and changing micro filters etc and none of the changes that the call handlers make you go through have made any difference.   

Could a talktalk engineer make further checks on this....why can we not get a reliable caller ID service?    Also can we please get the locked account status fixed?   

Regards

VB

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Thanks for the update, glad its working continue to monitor and let us know

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi 

not sure what changes have been made at the exchange or elsewhere, but we now have working Caller Display.   It started working yesterday  (Friday 22nd June).    As I detailed in my original post, it has been reinstated before and stopped working after a few days, so I would prefer to leave this post active and not regard it as solved just yet. 

Will continue to monitor and update this thread over the next few days and hopefully weeks.

Many thanks

VB

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Ok , we will need to arrange for an engineer to go to the exchange and swap out the card, I'll  let you know when that has been arranged.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Have tested several times yesterday and today and I'm sorry to report that we still have no caller display.  What can we do next ?

thanks 

VB

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Sorry for the delay

We have requested an overnight card reset, can you retest in 24 hours.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi

still no change or any updates regarding caller display.  What do I need to do to get this resolved more quickly?

thankyou

VB

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

I forgot to say - thanks for arraging a fix for the 'my account' problem - I can now make changes as normal.

Any updates regarding the caller display issue?

thanks

VB

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

No we have no Caller Display at the moment.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi @VBennett

My Account problem has been fixed. 

As for Caller Display, is it working at this time? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi 

Our My Account team are investigating this,  I will let you know when they reply. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

thanks - I would really appreciate that.  when we talk to the helpdesk people, we dont seem to be able to communicate the fact that this is an ongoing problem that needs further investigation.

Hopefully you will be able to shine some light on this for us... thanks in advance...

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi 

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

0 Likes