Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling line

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I wonder if you check my phone line it seems to crackle a lot when I am making a phone call.

The line tests do not seem to be working well.  I recently updated to future fibre with city fibre. My phone line and my broadband now come down separate connections. The city fibre broadband is working fine but my landline is crackling. I do not know if this line still supports broadband. And when I log into my account I am still being charged the old price, and there is no recognition that I now have future fibre. So my account needs updating.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kind regards

jstype

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi jstype

I believe there is a slight delay with this updating, apologies for this.

Have you created a topic in the Billing section? My colleague Arne can take a look at this for you.

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

My account is still showing my old price and old plan, and has not been updated,

The future fibre was installed on 25th April order number 00447206

Thanks again

jstype

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi jstype

Thank you.

What issues are you having with My Account?

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thanks again for you help.

Is there anything  you can do to get my account updated not important but irritating.

Will get back if it happens again when I can get a corded phone.

Regards

jstype

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi jstype

It does sound like an intermittent fault. If the same fault occurs with the corded handset then we can advise Openreach that this is intermittent and does not occur on every call just so they aware.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Thanks I will try to get a non cordless phone and test again and will get back to you if the problem persists.

Having said that I just made a call now and the line was fine. The five calls to different numbers before had all crackled.

Thanks again

jstype

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi jstype

Thanks for your reply.

If the noise is still present with a different phone at the master socket with all other equipment removed from the line then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 10

No the main socket does not have a test socket. I have a cordless phone with four handsets and all of them have started to crackle when I make an outgoing call. There is no noise when I get the dial tone. I do not think the problem is with the phone. I will try to get another  handset that is not cordless and try that. The crackling is intermittent but enough to make conversation difficult

Thanks for you help

jstype

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does the main socket have a test socket? Is the noise/crackle present at the test socket with 2 different handsets? Is the noise permanent or intermittent?

Thanks

0 Likes