Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Crackling noise on landline and bad connection on internet

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello. Whenever I use my landline, the crackling noise on the line is so loud, I can't hear the person on the other end. Its not the phone itself as I have tried different phones in the socket. It even crackles when the ansa phone picks up.

The internet is also very slow and disconnects regularly. I know my modem is 10 years old or there abouts. Can you help me?

Cliff Polton
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue For a response.

For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cliff45,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

Profile updated

Cliff Polton
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Have exactly same issue with the crackling landline, reported few times - allways the stupid Covid19 excuse as if the talktalk call centre operator wouldn't be able to work from home??? You can't contact anyone, you can't fix anything and if you try to call them you talk 15 minutes to the machine. Very disapointed with the service.

Zibby M.
Highlighted
Community Star

@Zibby If you still have issues please respond, as requested, to the staff on your own open thread and not on another persons. Thank you.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Crackling-sound-on-the-landline/m-p/2529682

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cliff45

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - line test is clear.

Is the noise still present if you connect with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yes, the line is still crackling but its not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. We unplugged the router and it still crackled. The router is very old.

Cliff Polton