Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEAD LANDLINE

Pippin-05
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FAULTS THAT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT, AS LONG AS COMPANIES MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO RECTIFY PROBLEMS. BUT AFTER NOTIFYING TALKTALK THREE WEEKS AGO OF MY DEAD LANDLINE PHONE VIA THE CHAT HELP...NO RESPONSE!!   I TRIED AGAIN...I THEN GOT SOME TEXTS FROM AN ENGINEER...THEN AGAIN NO FURTHER RESPONSE. IN DESPERATION I CONTACTED THE COMPANY RESOLVA AND THEN HAD A TALKTALK PHONE CALL FROM MANILLA. HE PROMISED I WOULD RECEIVE A TEXT MESSAGE TODAY BETWEEN 10AM AND MIDDAY, IT'S NOW 1.15PM AND STILL NO TEXT RECEIVED...IT LOOKS LIKE I'VE BEEN FORGOTTEN AGAIN. I'M TEARING MY HAIR OUT, WHAT ON EARTH MUST I DO TO GET MY LANDLINE FIXED,  MY SON AND FRIENDS HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THEY CAN THINK OF TO SORT THE PROBLEM OUT, BUT NOTHING WORKS. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GO MAD. 

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

You should be able to see and respond to Personal messages on the forum by clicking on the blue envelope icon towards the top right of the page.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

I tried to make contact by "Personal Message" but I have only ONE email address. I have attempted several times, but when I attempt to set up Personal messaging it says that my ONLY email address (which TalkTalk contact me by), is INVALID?? Making it completely impossible to send a personal message. I've tried emailing customer services, they don't answer. I tried chat twice...nothing got done, I've talked to customer services based in Manilla twice, they are very friendly, but nothing got done.

After weeks with a dead landline and spending hours trying to arrange to get my phone working again and being so frustrated I can't sleep, every avenue seems to be blocked. All I get is ridiculous badges from community, which might excite a 5year old child, but it does nothing to ease my increasing frustration of spending weeks without a phone. I was also advised against making more comments, or else I would be put at the bottom of the list again to get help... I didn't dare make further comments, BUT I discovered two days ago when I contacted chat again, that after all these weeks of waiting, NO Openreach help had been arranged!! I've obviously been forgotten. After weeks of hopeless frustration and lying awake at night, I've listened to the advice of friends and realised the only sensible thing to do was to escape from the TalkTalk nightmare. I signed up to BT, and they've already given me a date for their technician to fix my dead landline. I've been paying all these weeks for a dead phoneline, but instead of offering me compensation, TalkTalk sent me an email warning me they are going to fine me £52.26 for leaving after being with them for years, after all the frustration they've caused me! If they had provided me with a quick helpful service and fixed my phone, I would have been more than happy to stay with TalkTalk, 

Their unhelpfulness is truly amazing.

Message 3 of 11

Hi @Pippin-05

Ok we will need to arrange a home visit from Openreach, In order to do this I am sending you a personal message in order to complete data protection. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

My son said it's a very old type of box, that doesn't have a removable face plate. I don't know if it makes any difference but some maintenance work was done in the whole of our road about four years ago and the telephone wires were moved. Since then at 9.15am and 9.15pm each day, there has been a loud click coming from where the telephone wires enter, but since I've had this problem there has been no loud clicks??

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

HI @Pippin-05

Did you son remove the faceplate and connect to the socket behind it? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11
I should have mentioned that my broadband works fine from this socket, but we've tried a brand new BT phone in the socket and that's completely dead too.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

The phone is still not working, my son has checked it by connecting directly into the main socket, but it is still completely dead!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Pippin-05

All line tests are now passing, and Our fault team have spoken to openreach who reported that they fixed a line fault. 

We need you to connect the phone direct to your test socket and check the phone from there.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Pippin-05

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?