Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect tone settings

Flumpy
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I have a digital PBX with a gateway to enable the talk talk analogue landline to connect into the PBX.

however when a call comes in and gets routed to voicemail on the PBX, after the caller leaves a message and hangs up this isn’t detected by the gateway and the call is kept off hook for 2 minutes at which point I’m assuming the call times out and disconnects because of the line been silent.

I’ve been led to believe from other forums that it’s the disconnect tone settings that are probably incorrect.

what disconnect tone does talk talk use?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 1 of 9

@Debbie-TalkTalk  Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Birchcroft

They have not provided an exact date at the moment but I believe it will be a couple of months.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 3 of 9

@Debbie-TalkTalk Have they provided an estimate as to when they will have implemented a fix?

Is it likely to be days, weeks, or months?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Flumpy

Thanks for your reply.

Our Network engineers are working to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks Debbie, 

this is the reply I got from the manufacturer of the equipment the analogue line is connected to which needs a disconnect signal so it knows to drop the line. SN in the reply refers to the Patton SN4112 device the analogue line is connected to.

“the problem is: there is no disconnect tone SN can detect.
Battery reversal (PortLineReversal) is use both during ringing and at the end of the call on hook event.
You cannot fix it in the SN by config because, the signal you needed for that is just not there.
Your analog service provider should signal you the end of the call properly,
on-hook would be the best because that is the simplest.”

hope this can be of use to your engineers. As a ex telecom engineer I would expect it’s just a change on the exchange that is needed, but do appreciate that to change this on all the exchanges isn’t as straightforward as it would seem to be to the person on the street!

hope a solution can be found for this 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Birchcroft

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 7 of 9

Have to say I get the same.  When a caller hangs up the line just goes silent.  Consequently one cannot be sure if the caller has hung up or just gone quiet.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi Flumpy

We are investigating an issue at the moment in regards the line clearing after a call.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes