Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Talktalk allow SMS Text delivery to our home phone?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 6

Just needing to check quickly - I thought Talktalk didn't do delivery of text messages to our landlines any more, but I have had two phone calls this morning from 03333440000 saying that there's a message for me and to press 1 etc.

So far I have simply put the phone down. 

It would be helpful to know if this service is genuine or not.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

Hmmm, thanks, @Michelle-TalkTalk.

I think I'll leave it barred. Requires too much quick thinking!

Thanks very much for checking.  Interesting to hear that it's not part of Talktalk's system at all.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay in coming back to you, I wanted to check this with Stephen before I posted. We wouldn't put a sticky to that effect advising customer not to worry and press 1 as numbers can be spoofed. These services are not something that we offer or support and I can only suspect that it's a 3rd party service, however our products team have confirmed that this is not something that we can support.

I hope this helps 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Very confusing for recipients, @ferguson.

In fact I was getting ready to go out to a rehearsal  - when I got there, it turned out that the player I was rehearsing with had texted twice, directly to my landline phone. 

So that 0333 service would appear to be genuine (I blocked it after the 2nd call) and takes you through to options. 

I didn't recognise the mobile number of the person in question, having never played with them before etc, and so would not have known to trust that number.

I see that on "check and report" it is not blocked, but recipients are still worried and baffled. 

If it's a standard number for taking people to pick up a text message, perhaps @Karl-TalkTalk or @Ady-TalkTalk could post a sticky to say so, and that it is perfectly safe to press 1 or whatever to be taken through to the message. 

Or, if I press 1, will nothing happen,  as some people have reported? I was afraid to try it and see.

For the time being I will leave the 0333 number barred.

It would be helpful to have a response from staff. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

TalkTalk do not support SMS messages to a landline. Judging from the numerous references to that number in Check and Report it is in fact a text to voice message which is somewhat different. 

0 Likes