Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly Mother - Phone Not Working - Engineer did not Arrive

chrisb720
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My Mum's phone line has been down now for over a week. Broadband is working fine. 

My Mum relies on an alarm service in case she falls and this is also not working for the last week. Talk Talk have not really been much help and when we finally got an engineer booked, no one showed up on the allocated date. 

This is an emergency now as my Mum lives alone and is very vulnerable. I cannot get through to anyone on the phone. And the automated service just replied to say my broadband was fine when i specifically stated that it is the phone line not working. 

Can someone please get back to me asap

2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi chrisb720

This is obviously an urgent issue that needs our attention, If you can add your Mum's home phone number to the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' I can then pick this up.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

For any future problems, make sure your mother has been registered for priority help through entering details in My Account:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Registering-your-accessibility-requirements/ta-p/258302...

Please complete your community forum profile details and add details for your mother in Private Notes. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. Include your own Talktalk landline number there. At the end of that section find Private Notes and add your mother's name, address, landline number and account number in there. SAVE CHANGES. 

Further ID checks may be required, @chrisb720.

Please look out for a response from staff. Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes