Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly Parent left with no landline

Lexibellablue
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

My 84 year old mother who lives alone has been left without a working landline on which she depends for her care alarm.  A webchat with customer services this morning was a complete waste of time - assistant would not run a check on the line without her checking the master socket and offering to send her a super email listing all the things she needs to do!!! She is constantly having issues with her line.  She is experiencing all the. same problems she had the last time the line was faulty.  

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, did you add your mum's details to your Community Profile? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Check that her details are in Private Notes, @Lexibellablue, in your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. Private Notes is at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will be back on here from Monday morning. 

The only support on a Sunday is via Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Sorry to see this. It can be difficult to diagnose an issue without the customer undertaking some internal checks, although I understand this may in turn be difficult for your mother. If you make sure her full name and address along with her landline phone number are in the Private notes section of your Personal details then the support team will do what they can to help as soon as they pick this up tomorrow.