Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Visit - do I cancel?

Ian2009
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

Hi - after not being able to make or receive calls yesterday I logged on to my account - ended up on chat and eventually they agreed there was a problem and an engineers visit was arranged for Thursday afternoon - this was agreed at about 4pm.

Last night at 20.46 I received a text message saying you have an engineer visit booked with openreach and you might have to pay £65 etc if we find it’s basically your fault and not ours - the chat lady had explained that to me - so fine.

One minute later at 20.47 Talktalk send me a text message basically saying - you don’t need an engineers visit as we have identified a problem between the exchange and your home and we are working on it - we will update you.

This morning I get a text from openreach saying you have a call scheduled for Thursday afternoon text back to CONFIRM or CANCEL

I have logged on to my account t and the status now says you have a problem and an openreach engineer is needed to work on it but he doesn’t need access to your home.

Do I CONFIRM or CANCEL the text from the openreach engineer as I am not sure if he is a “house call”  engineer or the one that I don’t need to let in to my house but the one who should ultimately fix the problem?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Ian2009

I completely understand and I'm sorry for the delays.

Hopefully Openreach are able to repair this fault and restore service as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Debbie - thank you so much - that’s all we need to know.

We do understand these things happen but it is human nature to think - “are we doing something wrong” - especially with an elderly person as the  recipient of your services.

Have a good day and thank you once again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Ian2009

Openreach have now provided the below update:

This is a Major Service outage due to cable break down on the E-site. Estimated completion date provided for 13/08/21. We will review on 14/08/21.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ian2009
Team Player
Message 4 of 8

Hi - my mum is still off line since Thursday 5th - well past the 2-3 days indicated.

We can’t talk to anyone as when I ring we get “if you are calling about your fault we are working on it” automated message. 

When I go on the web site in her account we just get the same message - every day for a week now - an openreach engineer has been sent to deal with the fault but doesn’t need to access your home.

She is 95 and to make matters worse her other son died yesterday - not unexpected - but a busy time for family at the moment and we would really like to know if we can expect to have a phone line anytime soon!

She does have a mobile but at 95 with a little bit of dementia it’s a challenge keeping it on and charged up!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Ian2009

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and I can see that this fault is with Openreach but an engineer visit to the property is not required.

This fault will be investigated externally by a line engineer. We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ian2009
Team Player
Message 6 of 8

Debbie - thank you - I think I have added it correctly.

Both myself and my 95 yr old mother ha e accounts with you and I manage them both as mum is not very tech savvy.

This problem is with her account so I have put her landline number inypto my profile - if there is a problem please send me a private message on here or on my mobile which is on my account.

My mother has had numerous scam calls over the past two years making outbgney are from Talktalk so even if you got through to her she is well trained to say “I don’t talk to anyone from Talktalk - ring my son on this number!” 

Hope that helps?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Ian2009

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes