cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Engineer visit failed - Left two elderly vulnerable people unable to see family or order essentials

1 REPLY 1
Basil1010
Team Player

A Talk Talk engineer was supposed to install a phone line and broadband today for my elderly vulnerable parents.

He called to say the road was closed. I explained that he could make a two minute detour to gain access. He said no, he'd already given the job back to Talk Talk and was on route to his next job, he wasn't prepared to try again. I explained that my parents were elderly and vulnerable, he said sorry but he wasn't prepared to try to help. He said he was working on strict instructions from Open Reach. "He was not to enter the property" 

I don't understand why this comment is relevant to him changing his route slightly to get there?

I thought that Open Reach / Talk Talk were prioritising vulnerable elderly people.

Please can someone help with this situation?

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I've answered your other thread.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE