Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment and Sockets Moved To Another Room?

carolonline
Participant
Message 6 of 6

All our sockets and everything to do with our Broadband sockets are under my disabled husbands hospital bed, we desperately need it all moving so it is more accessible. We would need someone to do it for us though, who?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi carolonline,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi carolonline,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

carolonline
Participant
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

Yes please, asap would be great, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Carol

Gliwmaeden2 is correct, to move or relocate the master socket will be chargeable and the lead time from Openreach to do this is usually around 2 or 3 weeks.

If this is something you want to proceed with, please let us know.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

If you are talking about new sockets, @carolonline, Talktalk will need to arrange this for you.

See the charges here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

£128.40 for a master socket. 

You'll need to discuss the details with staff, when they reach your topic after the weekend. 

If you have a tech savvy friend, they could help you with any set up issues if you are having to move your computer / router / phone equipment,  but they mustn't touch the master socket. Leave that to the Openreach engineer.

Discuss with staff the best way to install extra sockets in the house. These don't have to be Openreach, but you'll need to get someone in who knows what they are doing. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.