Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential mobile

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

Hi what is happening at talktalk. First they put our all calls up then we are told our free essentials summer is ending. We don't understand how it happens and works. We don't want to have to pay for our promised free SIM which came with our 18 month contract we should be able to decide what we want to do when it ends. We are long time customer but this is it. Please can a kind OCE explain and look at our acct

Many Thanks

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

The mobile discount currently is £5 (ie free), however the discount is changing from August to £2 off as per the letter/emails being sent out,  So basically we are reducing the discount. 

Sorry

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

thanks but I notice that it is said by TT that you continue us with your mobile discount until end of contract. If that is so why do I lose our free essentials attached to contra t?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi silverbird63

If you want to cancel the sims, and you want to keep your numbers you need to call our mobile team and request your PAC code. More information can be found on our help page Port my number

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Typical TT. So what happens you cancel your mobile essential at the end of July? Think i will go somewhere else for PAYG. Can some ceo clarify the procedure.

Thanks Whizz Kid

0 Likes

chrisb1953
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I agree with you, I too have had the email regarding ending my free sim 7 months prior to my 24month broadband contract ending. Sadly talktalk can do what they like, as they now do and as the free sim is on a rolling 30 day contract can end it when they like, as they have done. If you moan you will be directed to the terms and conditions, and basically to pay the £3 a month or sort something else out.

The email starts by saying they are 'simplifying their mobile service' and by the way it's going to cost you £3 a month more. And people get paid to write that!