Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External line fault - update please.

jj336699
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Dear Sir/Madam,

I reported a fault to Talk Talk about a fault with the land line, as there is no dialing tone. The internet continues to work, but I'm unable to make or receive any calls.

The relevent tests were made and I was informed there was an external fault and an Openreach engineer be sent to correct this. 

As this was a few weeks ago now, could I please could I have an update.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi jj336699

I've logged this out for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi TalkTalk & @Arne-TalkTalk ,

This problem was fixed for a short time, but am now experiencing the same issue reported previously -

There is no dialing tone. The internet continues to work, but I'm unable to make or receive any calls.

Please could I request an engineer to look at this line again because it is definitely not working as it should. Thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi @jj336699

We have requested an engineer to go back out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Wednesday for an update

Regards

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi jj336699

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jj336699 welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during Monday, the team work office hours so sorry not before.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes