Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO an OCE. Poor quality calls only between two local numbers

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 3

My wife has made two calls over the weekend on the 07/07 & 08/07 at around 19:00 to her mother (also a TalkTalk customer). In each case, her mother could hear her OK, but my wife said that her mother's voice was very distorted & sounded like a "dalek". Remaking the call fixed the problem. We did have a similar problem last year. I will supply the other number in a PM to whichever OCE picks this up.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk

As I said both lines are fine, they can make/receive calls to other numbers no problem & the vast majority of the time, calls between these two numbers are fine as well. It only happens occasionally. 

To me (I have no idea how a call routes within the same exchange these days), that there is either a bad route or some dodgy bit of kit the calls pick up when they are connected together. Maybe this kit is only accessed when a certain number of same exchange calls exist & the next pair are then unlucky enough to pick this up. Redialling always seems to sort it. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi

Can't see any issues that would cause this.  Strange thing is, both calls were placed at 19:03 on the Saturday & Sunday,  I cannot see  any exchange work scheduled over the weekend that would cause this.

Karl,

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes