Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault on the land line

gonzinigonz
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 4

My landline has a fault, its dead. Also with that lost the Fibre broadband.
Did see an Openreach engineer as well round the corner messing with the gubbins in the morning so i guess something has been disturbed as lost it by the time i got back home in the evening...
I've managed to report the fault from doing an automated line test which has flagged an issue and booked an engineer.
There's been a problem with my line for years that I've never been able to get sorted in that it gets really distorted at my end of the line, receiving end seems OK. Tried 4 different phones over time so not that. Seems to get worse if there's been heavy rain.
Is there anyway to get someone to look into that while there working on this fault? There's no way to talk to anyone.
The service portal in my account says everything's connected and 100% working but also there's an open case of known problem between the exchange and my house???!!!
That works well then!!!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

If auto compensation is applicable for a full loss of service, this is automatically done with 30 days of the repair.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

gonzinigonz
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply.
Well, problem is the crackling noise / distortion problem i get never shows up on a line test. Its been a problem on & off for like 5 years.
Also will TalkTalk reduce my bill for this period if it remains at fault for a week. Seeing as its the weekend probably not going to get anyone to look at it before next Weds unless i get lucky.
Obviously a total pain in the *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* being cutoff. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

The engineer will only clear the current fault to restore service.

When this has been completed we can then look at any other underlying faults or issues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes