Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Phone but Internet OK. Talktalk not communicating

Pilgrim1
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

There is a fault on my landline. Broadband is working OK but incoming phonecalls are being dropped after two rings and calls out are barely audible and noisy. When outgoing calls are made I can hear dial and ring tones as well as my own very faint call. If I call another phone or dial "17070" it identifies the line as a different number to mine.

I have tried all the suggestions on the webpage i.e different phones (corded and cordless), master socket disconnecting routers etc. but nothing helps.

I have also used the technical chat line twice and been given a timeslot for a callback on each occasion but no-one rings. This is getting very frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers - Paul
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Pilgrim1

That's great news, I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

My landline phone now appears to be working normally.

Thank you for the prompt service that I received on this forum which proved far more effective then the technical chat line.

Cheers - Paul

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Pilgrim1

I'm really sorry for the delays.

I've completed a line test which is detecting a possible fault. I have escalated this over to a Openreach line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately your first post was not picked up for some reason, I have now escalated this to the support team and they will respond as soon as they can.

Pilgrim1
First Timer
Message 5 of 6

Due to a problem registering on the the forums I'm not sure if my original posts have been visible before so I will ask again for ideas what I can do about my faulty (crossed?) phoneline when the engineers are not calling back after appointments have been made?

For many years Talktalk have given me continued good service but on this occasion no-one is talking to me!

Is there a better place to escalate this?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers - Paul
0 Likes